My Train Room!

BMR777

I'm excited because I've finally gotten my train room up and running after over a year of work! I've turned the second bedroom of my apartment into the train room and have a 9 x 6 foot layout in there that I built in modules so it can be easily disassembled when I move.

Here are some photos. The cheap camera on my laptop doesn't do it justice. Let me know what you think!

oksnapshot2012120814.jpg

Very nice, good work on that.

I like the asphalt you modeled.

And your weathering on your cars are really good too.

It's an ongoing project, but it's finally at a runnable state. Up until about a week ago I've had it on the floor in pieces but now I've got a table made for it which makes it so much more enjoyable.

In the middle there are some roads and scenery, but there's also an access hole so I can get in there if needed.

It's an ongoing project. I have to add the road lines and then I want to add some more buildings and streetlights, crossing flashers and lighted accessories. I wish I could add more track too but no more space.

I must confess too that the weathering on the cars isn't mine. I got that car on eBay for $10. :)

The asphalt is all my work though. It still needs road markings though. :)

Looks great. Looking forward to seeing updates and more photos.

Updates!

I've got some updates I've made to the layout over the past couple of weeks. I have gotten the road lines added to the layout, which I think turned out real well. I used some paint pens for the road markings and I am surprised how well it turned out!

I've also got a few new vehicles, figures, buildings and trees I have added. :)

A shot of the trains running

Another shot of the trains

A car in the new parking lot, with the glue for the figures still drying.

A new truck on the new road

A better look at the roads

My favorite, the guy in the Viper being pulled over by the IL state police. :)

The new building, which I'll be turning into a mechanic's shop / auto repair.

I hope you have enjoyed my updates. :)
More to come. :)

Boy, that sure is some road junction. :) Looking good there.

Back