My Rolling Stock

Larry

Long Winded Old Fart
Here's some photo's of my large collection of Rolling Stock. In these pictures will only be the end views, but I have the side views also.

Last edited by a moderator:
WOW. So bright and colorful....

Yeah I recall the colorful Per diem era short line boxcars..Sure enough beat the freight car brown,Oxide and Mineral Red of the 50s and 60's..:D :eek:

Larry,Nice looking collection ya got there.

derailment-007-1.jpg

Picture-002-4.jpg

Picture-003-1.jpg

That's not all of them. I still have about 50 more that I haven't finished all of the coupler relocations & truck refinishing. I won't post them on this topic though. They are brighter yet. LOL
Anyone want to rough them up for me in your free spare time? Need a lot of rust & dull colors. What's that word that is escaping me about freight cars?
Getting old--CRS--.
Weathering was the word I was looking for.

Last edited by a moderator:
Over the years(about 50) I have acquired many cheap freight cars that were given to me, bought by me at yard sales, buy outs of Hobby shops, train show purchases & catalog buys. I have in the past 6 months sold about 200 old run down freight cars that someone sold on EBay. I sold them for $2.00 ea. w/old hornhook couplers. Most of the good ones that I kept are Athearn, Con-Cor, Atlas, Mantua, Walthers, Bowser, Bachmann, Kadee, Kato, Very little Model Power, Trix, Trainman, Stewart, & Roundhouse. I also have some old Varney that I have reworked & some old IHC.
My passenger cars are; Athearn, Walthers, Stewart & Con-Cor. Last year I sold about 25 old Athearn passenger cars w/the Penn & NYC line.
It's amazing how many pieces of rolling stock that you can accumalate over the years. At one time I had 375 freight cars & 60 passenger cars. I don't have enough space on the layout for all of these pieces of rolling stock, but, I keep on collecting more. It's the same thing w/engines. Don't need anymore, but, got to have that new one that comes out. I'm sure there are other people that think the same way I do. The more the Better.

Back