My new layout.

Fisher

Well i guess i will post what i have done since March 2019. I built the layout tables, and got it all level. I wasnt sure about doing the L girder design, i just wanted some thing simple. Yet there is nothing simple about this hobby. I had to move furniture around and into other rooms, lol the tv and stereo had to get moved as well. This is now my official basement/man cave/ railroad.

Attachments

• new layout 1.jpg
    new layout 1.jpg
    189.8 KB · Views: 239
  • new layout 2.jpg
    new layout 2.jpg
    229.8 KB · Views: 235
  • new layout 3.jpg
    new layout 3.jpg
    203.4 KB · Views: 283
  • new layout 4.jpg
    new layout 4.jpg
    185.5 KB · Views: 294
  • new layout 5.jpg
    new layout 5.jpg
    176.8 KB · Views: 329
  • new layout 6.jpg
    new layout 6.jpg
    150.5 KB · Views: 221
  • new layout 7.jpg
    new layout 7.jpg
    254.7 KB · Views: 219
  • new layout 8.jpg
    new layout 8.jpg
    197.4 KB · Views: 234
  • new layout 9.jpg
    new layout 9.jpg
    213.3 KB · Views: 221
Fisher: I'm glad to see that you have laid and tested the track before starting any scenery. Track problems are easier to spot and correct at this point of layout construction. So are changes in the track plan if done during this construction phase.

Keep us posted on your progress.

Thanks.

Greg

Looks like a great start! What did you use for the control panel ... I might "borrow" ;)
The main control panel i liberated from a battery module at work. LOL free is free. And it worked. The light sw is the main power kill sw that drops everything. I have a nice 6 amp 12 VDC power supply under the table, that should run everything i need it too.

Attachments

• control 1.jpg
    control 1.jpg
    135.6 KB · Views: 195
  • control2.jpg
    control2.jpg
    161.1 KB · Views: 193
Fisher: I'm glad to see that you have laid and tested the track before starting any scenery. Track problems are easier to spot and correct at this point of layout construction. So are changes in the track plan if done during this construction phase.

Keep us posted on your progress.

Thanks.

Greg
Thanks Greg. Yes i have changed the layout twice now, and have had 2 turnouts fail on me. I added the inner loop and a bit more track, it seems once you start, you always wish the layout was bigger. Typical man thing. I am a long ways off scenery, i am trying to get my buildings laid out so that i can plan roads et, i started to draw them out in pencil on the layout.

So everyone can see i used a dark camo brown paint for the track, i am thinking i really like that, and want to stay with a similar colour ballast. what do you guys think? well maybe in the yard etc, could do the mainline a lighter ballast?

My layout in constructed on 2' by 8' tables. My original setup with them was 12' by 8' , in our new location they're 10' by 8'.
I like they way you have your wiring. mine is still roughed in and not as neat.

Thanks Patrick.i started with a pair of wires from my MRC controller, and made a loop under the table that followed the main line route. I left a loop under neath every 4 feet of track, and then soldered a pair of wires every 4 feet to the track dropped it down below. I bought Tea/coffee cup hooks to hang the wire on underneath and tyraps to secure it. I left the pair of wires open at the end as well, so not to make a dead short.

Back