My new acquisition - can’t find owners manual

ChinaHaun19

I just found a Lionel Hudson thing for $200 lightly used. Aren’t these like $800 brand new? They look like the ones the same store sold new for $749.

anyway aside from being elated, this didn’t come with owners manual… and Lionel appears to not have a manual on their website for this model number: 6-18680. What gives? I mainly want to know where the smoke switch it for the steam thing. Thanks!
F140C787-A989-4310-9A04-5843675CC96F.jpeg

anyway aside from being elated, this didn’t come with owners manual… and Lionel appears to not have a manual on their website for this model number: 6-18680. What gives?
Look under the locomotive cab number. Lionel often uses the cab number instead of a real stock number. Hudson 2000, or 4-6-4 2000 in this case.

Look under the locomotive cab number. Lionel often uses the cab number instead of a real stock number. Hudson 2000, or 4-6-4 2000 in this case.
Thank you. I did more poking around online about it. It was made in 2000 for a celebration of 100 years. I think it’s really cool it’s a 21 year old locomotive I got. It surprises me it’s inexpensive, given its heft, design and looks … to me it seems identical to brand new locos that run for $750.

Definitely a nice Lionel locomotive. This is a traditional sized, O-gauge locomotive. It is not a true 1/48 scale, but probably somewhere around 1/55 or so. With some dimensions probably compressed more than others. It has a lot of molded-in detail, as opposed to separate add-on detail, which helps keep the price down and the durability up. Although I am no Lionel expert, it probably also has rail sounds, which will make it a fun unit to run.

What you paid is probably about average for these loco's nowadays. A lot of the serious O-gaugers aren't too interested in these traditional sized locos anymore, as they're more into true 1/48 scale with lots of add-on details with premium electronics (and premium prices ;) ). So these older traditional locos tend to go for about a fourth of their brand new cost.

I found a manual on the Lionel website that may possibly work for this loco. Try this link............................

Look it over and see if these instructions are a match for your loco. I have a sneaking hunch it is (but can't 100% guarantee it, of course).

Definitely a nice Lionel locomotive. This is a traditional sized, O-gauge locomotive. It is not a true 1/48 scale, but probably somewhere around 1/55 or so. With some dimensions probably compressed more than others. It has a lot of molded-in detail, as opposed to separate add-on detail, which helps keep the price down and the durability up. Although I am no Lionel expert, it probably also has rail sounds, which will make it a fun unit to run.

What you paid is probably about average for these loco's nowadays. A lot of the serious O-gaugers aren't too interested in these traditional sized locos anymore, as they're more into true 1/48 scale with lots of add-on details with premium electronics (and premium prices ;) ). So these older traditional locos tend to go for about a fourth of their brand new cost.

I found a manual on the Lionel website that may possibly work for this loco. Try this link............................

Look it over and see if these instructions are a match for your loco. I have a sneaking hunch it is (but can't 100% guarantee it, of course).

thanks a lot for your explanation. This goes to explain why what looks similar to me is actually different and explains why one is $750 while mine is $200. I’m not yet too crazy about scale, but I do like bigger rolling stock and locomotives for my O gauge layout, liking the heft.

If the locomotive came a part of a set, there may not be a separate manual for it. I ran into that with an 0-8-0 I bought that was from a set. Try finding out if a set was made using that locomotive.

Back