My Loot from the Amherst Train Show 2023

Alcomotive

Grandson of an ALCO Builder
So here we go! My loot from the show.....

20230128_213556.jpg

20230128_213632.jpg
20230128_213637.jpg
20230128_213647.jpg
20230128_213652.jpg
20230128_213705.jpg
20230128_213710.jpg
20230128_213715.jpg
20230128_213758.jpg

20230128_213641.jpg

Nice! One of the things I hope to do in retirement is visit more of these... :) How many tables did they have?
literally hundreds because it was spread throughout 5 buildings. All the major vendors were there like Athearn, Atlas, Walthers, Scale Trains, Digitrax, MTH, Lionel, Woodlamd Scenics and so on. Then alot of the major big box or brick n motar hobby stores were there from across the country like Spring Creek Hobbies, Yankee Dabbler and so on.

literally hundreds because it was spread throughout 5 buildings. All the major vendors were there like Athearn, Atlas, Walthers, Scale Trains, Digitrax, MTH, Lionel, Woodlamd Scenics and so on. Then alot of the major big box or brick n motar hobby stores were there from across the country like Spring Creek Hobbies, Yankee Dabbler and so on.
Awesome. Just put it on the road trip list for next year....I have always wanted to go. Maybe we have a forum breakfast :)

James, I see you are a UP modeler.

Would you be interested in these two Broadway AC 6000.s I have?

AC6000 by Broadway ltd, Union Pacific, DCC & Sound
AC6000 by Broadway ltd, Union Pacific, DCC & Sound

A pair of these great little locos, # 7500 & 7501 Paragon 2, DCC and Sound, brand new in their boxes.

$175 each
They are Paragon 2.

I just don't do UP, but rather SF, BNSF, CSX, C&O, B&P.
If I don't sell them this way, I'm going to try and see if I can find a shell x-change, or a shell purchase.

BTW I got this message on another forum,..
Nope, in America only UP and CSX got AC6000s. A few went to Western Australia as well.

While many of Broadway's diesel sound files are garbage, they nailed the AC6000 sound.

Scott Chatfield

They are Paragon 2.

I just don't do UP, but rather SF, BNSF, CSX, C&O, B&P.
If I don't sell them this way, I'm going to try and see if I can find a shell x-change, or a shell purchase.

BTW I got this message on another forum,..

To be honest, I am not interested in buying them. I only own 3 BLIs.

The first run from way back 2002 the SD7 which I still have an runs good. So I don't even know if it's considered Paragon 1 but it is in the old blue box style. I have the locomotive on the layout. I cannot seem to program it to the cab number but it is set at address #3. I have tried using JMRI it just cannot seem to let me re-do the address to the cab number.

I have the Southern Pacific fantasy scheme #600 in the SP Daylight scheme and it is a Paragon 3 Rolling Thunder etc.

Lastly, I have the recent purchase of the Union Pacific fantasy scheme TTT Greyhound #8075 Paragon 4 Rolling Thunder.

I do like the SP and the UP fantasy units. I just have no desire to obtain anymore BLI units at this time. I want to put them through their paces and see how it goes. I have had these 2 units for about 9 months now. I have heard that many folks have had some issues kinda like the MTH ho scale stuff. So I am a little leery and cautious. (for the record I do not own any MTH units nor will I ever with maybe one exception but that's for another discussion all together).

So anyways I will kindly pass. I hope you can find a buyer. Good luck to you! And thank you for offering and thinking of me on this. I appreciate it!

To be honest, I am not interested in buying them. I only own 3 BLIs.
I can appreciate that. What I have found is that the price of all locos seem to be on a ever increasing rise upwards. I am glas I bought most of my fleet at a much earlier time, but sometimes I did not know exactly what line I would be modeling,...just took advantage of special offers some manufacturers offered at those early times.

Now when I desire a different line, I find it difficult/more costly to sell of my good dcc ready engine to turn around and get a different line.
I cannot seem to program it to the cab number but it is set at address #3. I have tried using JMRI it just cannot seem to let me re-do the address to the cab number.
I would suggest you try a couple of the forums for help with this problem. There are a significant number of guys willing to help you with such problems.

Hoping to perhaps just find a shell to add to these chassis,....either a new one, or in exchange for the UP shells. That would likely be the most cost effective solution for me.

Back