My Lionel Scale O Trains

Lionel's Scale O Chessie GP9 #5903 - Lionel 6-82786

The versatile and venerable GP9 certainly lived up to its "General Purpose" branding. These Geeps have poked along branch lines with a local freight, raced on the high iron with priority piggybacks, and hustled commuters off to work.
Lionel brings this classic back in new road names and paint schemes ready to take any train you give them!
  • LEGACY™ Control System equipped – able to run in LEGACY™ Control mode, in TrainMaster® Command Control mode, or in Conventional mode with a standard transformer
  • Odyssey® II Speed Control with On/Off switch
  • LEGACY RailSounds®sound system featuring:
    • CrewTalk™ dialog and TowerCom™ announcements, each with different scenarios depending on whether the locomotive is in motion or stopped
    • Six official railroad speeds with CrewTalk dialog
    • Eight diesel RPM levels
    • LEGACY™ "Real-Time Quilling Horn" control with instant response for realistic signature "quilling" and correctly timed warning signals
    • Single hit or continuous mechanical bell sounds
    • Sequence Control: plays the sound effects of an entire trip, including warning sounds and announcements, based on the movement and speed of the locomotive
    • Current speed and fuel dialog, refueling sound effects
  • IR Transmitter for SensorTrack™
  • Dual powerful maintenance-free motors with momentum flywheels
  • ElectroCouplers™ on front and rear
  • Traction tires
  • Refined Conventional Transformer Control Mode with lower starting speeds
  • Fan-driven smoke unit
  • Adjustable smoke output
  • Directional lighting including LED headlights
  • Marker lights on front and rear
  • Illuminated number boards
  • Lighted cab interior
  • Die-cast metal trucks, pilot, and fuel tank
  • Metal frame
  • High levels of separately applied metal details
  • Engineer and conductor figures
1589080284975.png

Last edited:
Lionel's Vision Line Amtrak® Scale O GG1 #926 - Lionel 6-82755
Features:
  • LEGACY™ Control System equipped – able to run in LEGACY™ Control Mode, in TrainMaster Command Control mode, or in Conventional mode with a standard transformer
  • Odyssey®II Speed Control
  • LEGACY RailSounds® system featuring:
    • Stereo and localized sounds with speakers at each end of the locomotive
    • Cab number – specific CrewTalk dialog and TowerCom announcements, each with different scenarios depending on whether the locomotive is in motion or stopped.
    • Six official railroad speeds with CrewTalk dialog
    • Realistic electric locomotive motor and background sounds synchronized with the locomotive's speed
    • LEGACY™ "Real-Time Quilling Horn" control with instant response for realistic "quilling" and correctly timed warning signals
    • Sequence Control plays the sound effects of an entire trip, including warning sounds and announcements, based on the movement and speed of the locomotive
    • Current speed dialog
  • Dual sprung pantographs
    • Operate automatically with train start-up, change in direction and shut down
    • "De-icing" mode with both pantographs raised
    • Can be manually triggered with remote
    • Individual on-off switches on locomotive to lock out feature
    • Sprung for better tracking under model catenary
    • "Catenary arc" lighting effect
  • IR Sensor Equipped
  • Fan-driven smoke unit (steam generator)
  • Dual powerful maintenance-free motors
  • ElectroCouplers™ at each end
  • Directional lighting
  • Illuminated classification lights
  • Traction tires
  • Interior cab illumination
  • Die-cast metal body, pilots and trucks
  • High level of separately applied detail parts
  • Separately applied etched builders plates
  • High air intake screens where appropriate
  • Cab window "glass"
  • Engineer and Fireman figures in cab

1589135846769.png

Lionel's Amtrak® 21" Passenger Car 4-Pack - Lionel 6-82590
4-Pack Includes:
  • 18" Baggage #1206
  • Coach #4710
  • Vista Dome #9560
  • Observation #3342
Features:
  • Die-cast operating "Kinematic" couplers auto adjust for close coupling on straightaways and wider coupling on curves
  • LED lighting with capacitors for flicker-free running
  • Separately applied details on undersides and bodies
  • Narrow or full width diaphragms per prototype
  • All-New body tooling
  • Durable plastic bodies
  • Detailed interiors
  • Flush-fitting windows
  • Scale Coupler mounting pads
  • Die-cast metal sprung trucks
1589136168390.png

Lionel's Amtrak® Scale O 21" Passenger Car 2-Pack - Lionel 6-82595
2-Pack Includes:
  • Combine #1500
  • 10-6 Sleeper #2685
Features:
  • Die-cast operating "Kinematic" couplers auto adjust for close coupling on straightaways and wider coupling on curves
  • All-New body tooling
  • Durable plastic bodies
  • Detailed interiors
  • Flush-fitting windows
1589158839343.png

Lionel's Amtrak® Legacy StationSounds Scale O Diner - Lionel 6-82889
Features:
  • Accessible with LEGACY™, TrainMaster Command Control system or a conventional transformer
  • Custom recordings featuring multiple characters allow you to recreate an entire rail journey – from departure to arrival at your final destination
  • Arrival/departure announcements, dining reservation calls, and other in – route dialog
  • "Clickety-clack" of the cars as they roll down the rails
  • All-New body tooling
  • Durable plastic bodies
  • Detailed interiors
  • Flush-fitting windows
1589159247401.png

As the rainbow colors of Amtrak's first years blended into red, white and blue, the Heritage Fleet took on a proper and respectable look. These cars in Amtrak's first livery are the perfect match for the Lionel Amtrak Vision Line GG1.

Official licensed products of Amtrak®. Amtrak is a registered service mark of the National Railroad Passenger Corporation.

Pennsylvania Railroad's GG1
(copied and pasted from Lionel's website) http://visionline.lionel.com/gg1.php

Amid the height of the Great Depression, the Pennsylvania Railroad continued an ambitious modernization process of its mainlines between New York, Philadelphia and Washington D.C. The investment kept employees working during the lean years and would pay dividends as World War II brought record-setting traffic levels to what was already the world’s busiest rail corridor.

As part of these improvements, the Standard Railroad of the World needed a new locomotive for mainline operations. True to its engineering pedigree, the Pennsylvania began vigorous testing of two potential designs in 1934. When the victor was chosen, Raymond Loewy was given the task to refine the new power house into a modern beauty.

Loewy’s vision – a locomotive which appeared to be already at speed as the passengers walked beside it on the station platform – provided not only a fitting shroud but a unique form as striking and iconic today as it was on its debut.

While the public marveled at their looks, railroaders quickly came to respect these new motors for what lay under the hood. Designed to propel heavy passenger trains at sustained 100 mph jaunts, the GG1’s were quickly proven capable of much more.

A total of 139 locomotives were completed by 1943. Used in both passenger and freight service throughout their careers, GG1’s could be found on everything from the Broadway Limited to ore trains.

The legendary status of the GG1 grew stronger with age. Outliving the PRR itself, the G’s went on to serve Penn Central, Amtrak, Conrail and New Jersey Transit. They finally lost their grip on the catenary in 1985. Today 16 of the memorable motors have been preserved in museums, some far from the corridors they once owned.

The GG1 is no stranger to the Lionel catalog. First cataloged in 1947, the instantly-recognizable face of a GG1 has captivated generations of fans. It continues to call to us today.

In homage to the Pennsylvania, who’s engineers and management alike appreciated the refinement of a locomotive to its zenith, Lionel is proud to raise the pantographs, and the bar against which all other models will be judged, yet again.

What makes our newest GG1 a VISION GG1? Let’s start from the top!

A brand-new “catenary arc” light effect is built into the collection bars atop the pantographs. You’ll see, and hear, the sparks as the train rides along “under the wires.” As anyone who has ever watched an electric train pass, especially at night, can attest, this arcing effect is a memorable part of the experience. And it’s now available on your models for the first time.

We’ve also refined the design of the pantographs themselves. The pantographs will raise and lower appropriately and automatically as you start the engine, change direction or shut down. You can also raise or lower the pantographs with the touch of a button on your LEGACY remote. The pantographs are now sprung to ride realistically on catenary, or just prevent accidental damage if you press down on them in the raised position.

Perhaps the only thing as memorable as the sight of a GG1 is the deep sound of those big single-chime air horns. That horn will come to life with stereo sound from speakers mounted at both ends of the locomotive adding dimension and depth unobtainable from a single speaker sound system. Additional sounds, like the coupler opening when the ElectroCoupler™ is fired, will be localized to the proper end of the locomotive.

Our new VISION GG1 will include both the welded car body used for the 138 production units and an all new riveted car body so that we can accurately deliver the original “Old Rivets” in all her glory. Lionel is working directly with the Railroad Museum of Pennsylvania to bring you the most prototypically accurate models of these remarkable locomotives.

Lionel's Christmas Scale O 'Pioneer' Zephyr - Lionel 6-38848

Leading the Streamlined Revolution
The Lionel Zephyr returns with the LEGACY system and LEGACY RailSounds. and new train set configurations! With its fluted stainless-steel sides, this is version of Pioneer Zephyr returns in 2013 on the eve of Christmas in classy holiday livery!

Train Set Includes:
  • Locomotive/RPO
  • Baggage/coach car
  • Observation car
Power Unit Features
  • LEGACY Control System equipped – able to run in LEGACY Control mode, in TrainMaster Command Control mode, or in Conventional mode with a standard transformer
  • Odyssey II Speed Control with On/Off switch
  • LEGACY RailSounds sound system featuring:
    • CrewTalk dialog and TowerCom announcements, each with different scenarios depending on whether the locomotive is in motion or stopped
    • Six official railroad speeds with Crew-Talk dialog
    • Eight diesel RPM levels
    • LEGACY "Real-Time Quilling Horn" control with instant response for realistic signature "quilling" and correctly timed warning signals
    • Single hit or continuous mechanical bell sounds
    • Sequence Control plays the sound effects of an entire trip, including warning sounds and announcements, based on the movement and speed of the locomotive
    • Current speed and fuel dialog, refueling sound effects
  • IR Sensor equipped
  • Operating headlight on locomotive and rear light on observation car
  • Lighted classification lights on locomotive and marker lights on rear of observation car
  • Realistic articulation between cars
  • Dual powerful maintenance-free motors with momentum flywheels
  • Four traction tires
  • Fan driven smoke unit emits exhaust from all four stacks
  • Die-cast metal bodies, vestibules and trucks
  • Metal frames
  • Separately applied metal details
  • Authentically detailed interiors
  • Interior lighting in each car
  • Train crew and passenger figures
1589161463680.png

Williams by Bachmann - 41851 - Scale O - GG1 PRR Tuscan Red 5 Stripe #4909 w/True Blast Plus

The pride of Pennsylvania’s Electric Fleet! There’s no mistaking a GG1 for any other locomotive. Now equipped with our exclusive True Blast® Plus sound package, this GG-1 sounds as good as it looks.

Features include:
• True Blast® Plus 16-bit polyphonic sound including electric locomotive sounds, horn, and bell
• 6 wheel power trucks with traction tires