My latest project

modelmaker

D&H fan & ALCophile
What's Your Latest Project?

My latest project is nearing completion:

Edit:I couldn't fill in any details on the RS-3ms earlier as my RF keyboard's batteries died, Now that I'm in the shop at the desktop here's the poop on them:

Original Atlas/Kato ALCo RS-3s converted to MK RS-3m; nose/windshield, numberboard/headlight housing, battery boxes and airtanks are my own resin castings, turbocharger - TigerValley. Completely rebuilt the fuel tanks, (a lot of grinding!). The stantions are SmokeyValley and handrails and grabs were made to fit by me.

I used MDC/Roundhouse RS-3 walkway/pilots and redid the pilots to more accurately represent the D&H units.

Tip: The numberboard housing was cast with clear Envirotex resin, so the numberboards can be lit more easily, the headlights were drilled out to accomodate microbulbs.

Tip #2: The steps on the battery boxes were made with a piece of Evergreen channel strip stock.

Last edited by a moderator:
dthurman said:
What's up with that EMD sitting behind those 2?
It belongs to a friend and it's a Guilford ( :eek: puke! :D ) renumber of a D&H "blue dip", (Athearn BB, remotored, rewheeled, constant lighting & awaiting more details; shields, grabs and all the pilot stuff).

:eek: thats verry nice

do you do out side work i have a u33c in the gilford D&H. that i would love to get it in the lightning stripe and my modeling skills are not the best if so drop me a im or email and we can chat :D

thanks chuck

emt49 said:
:eek: thats verry nice

do you do out side work i have a u33c in the gilford D&H. that i would love to get it in the lightning stripe and my modeling skills are not the best if so drop me a im or email and we can chat :D

thanks chuck

Yes, I do take on private clients as time permits.

note

SpaceMouse said:
Way cool!
Hello Chip :D :cool:

rivarossiy6b4zd.jpg

JIM

Back