My kids weathering job!

Rub

When ever I'm weathering or painting my five year old daughter always asks if she can help. So I gave her a car and said have at it. We spent a few hours over a couple of days doing this. I just helped with color choices, spill protection, running the dryer ETC and all the advice she asked for (for what thats worth lol). I think she did a great job! This is her 2nd car ever. When she was all done she said "now it looks dirty!"
I'll have to find her first car and post a pic of that one.

100_2437.png

100_2436.png

100_2435.png

Something else I just remembered. A few days after doing her first car.
She painted a picture for school. It was a little girl. She painted some dirt on the little girls pants. She says she looks "weathered". I was shocked when she said that... Just go's to show you kids do pay attention to all the little things in life.

Here is her first one:

4-5-10.png

4-6-103.png

4-6-108.png

WoW...So how much does she charge for doing one of those..?? I got a whole stable-full of cars that need weathering....:D

Wow, a lot my "adult" weathering jobs didn't look as good as her first two. :) So much for the idea that kids today just like video games. I hope she really grows to love the hobby, since it looks like she has talent.

Kid does a good job and appears to enjoy doing it. That's great! Actually, much of the equipment weathering on my layout was done by my two sons (but they were alot older than your girl there at the time)

and they say the younger generation isn't into model railroading...phhffff, she's a shining example that the hobby will not die.

She did a pretty dam good job, better then some people who've been modeling longer then she's been alive.

if i ship her my collection how much would she want to weather them lol. but seriously i really like the first rusty boxcar so realistic. you need to teach her how to do scenery and see what she comes up with for you

Nicely done!

I just tried some cheap artists' chalk on an old BB engine tonight. Compared to my one previous and disasterous attempt at weathering some 30 years ago, I can't believe the results. She might become addicted like I think I am now...

and they say the younger generation isn't into model railroading...phhffff, she's a shining example that the hobby will not die.
She did a pretty dam good job, better then some people who've been modeling longer then she's been alive.

Gotta love them kids!!

My 14 year old is a weathering demon! His first few attempts have been great! I'm so pleased with the results, I've already "contracted" him to do some more cars for me, after the move and the bulk of the cars get unpacked.:D

Back