My first track plan

zeis96

New Guy
Well here it is my first layout attempt using Atlas' RTS 7.0. Tell me what you think I need all the help I can get with this.

blue- wall (can't be moved)
brown - the benchwork, might have to make some adjustments to it near the two ends but that's not a problem.

Thanks,
Aaron

Not be to critical, but, doesn't each square represent a foot? I think so, anyways that leads to an issue I can see. There's a foot of open space for you to walk though!!! I think that might get hard, to, um, navigate later on in life, or now?

Anyways, besudes that, sweet!

Other than the aisle width problem, the other things I see are as follows: The yards could be made longer using 3 way turnouts, the yard leads need to be longer, and there needs to be at least one passing siding unless you plan to run only one train at a time. Keep working on it, it has potential!

Grande man - I thought I had at least 3 sidings, maybe I've got the wrong idea. I was considering the lower left, the middle right, and one of the lower north lines as passing sidings. If you have more specific ideas it would be greatly appreciated to know of them. I didn't know about the 3-way turnouts as the program I used only has Atlas' products. I'll try and use the xtrkcad program I dled, I know it has more options.
Josh - Be critical! That's why I'm posting on here. You're not going to offend me, I'm learning as I go.
I know about the aisle width problem, it can be fixed my making the right side benchwork shorter.
As always, thanks!

zeis96 said:
Grande man - I thought I had at least 3 sidings, maybe I've got the wrong idea. I was considering the lower left, the middle right, and one of the lower north lines as passing sidings.

Whoops, I didn't see the one on the right by the edge of the benchwork. :eek: To use the one on the top of the plan, you'll be blocking an industry spur, but that's probably no big deal. The other one might be a bit short for a full length train.

Right now you have a small yard on the left. But depending on how you see your alyout and it's intended purpose, you have the room for a pretty nice yard on the left and not take up much more space than you are currently doing.

Back