My first new engine in a year, a Broadway Limited Imports AC6000CW

Well, after saving a lot of money, I finally got the BLI AC6000CW. It is for my CSX Manifests and Intermodals, and plus, since I live near the RF&P which requires cab control, and since I had no engines other than a GP38-2 that had cab control, I bought this. It is CSX 629 in the stealth Paragon series and does not have sound. I got it at Chesterfield Hobbies. And something special about this unit is that I have seen it in the lead of manifests and intermodals and have pics of it leading them. So this was special to me. I paid about 138 for it. Good move? Runs smooth and has great details. Anyone else have a BLI AC6000CW and can share input with me?
Thanks,

Sounds great. Only $20 more then a Blue line one from Factory Direct, but you got DCC. I would have bought it, if I had the cash & it was a UP one!

If I had extra money lying around [which I don't], I'd consider picking up one of those. $138 for a decoder-equipped loco seems pretty decent to me!

Yeah, it runs great, and the only real problem is the drive, its not the best, b/c it is a little noisy, but it isn't bad, only drives I like better are Atlas, Athearn Genesis, and Kato.

Details are great on this thing.

give it a little time and make sure theres grease in the gearboxes, my BLI's took a few hours of running to wear-in.

Ken.

I am getting the version that has the dual mode decoder and sound. This version retails about 170. Supposed to be here soon I hope. It is the Blue line that I am referring to.

Last edited by a moderator:

Back