My first N scale Layout - suggestions please

bkrenderman

Hi everyone!

As you know I do lot of stuff for N Scale on my channel, So I decided to finally make my own small Layout. This is my first compact Layout that I am building. I am calling it " “Western Rambridge Railroads” and I would like your suggestions and advise on whether i am on the right track. its a 2 X 4 feet layout.

As I have already said in my Video I am from India and its a challenge to build this railroad because we don't have any local resources available to buy stuff so everything you will see on my layout is imported from US UK or Japan mostly. but that makes me even more excited to do things that I may have not done otherwise.

I have created most turnouts my self from templates without any Jig and that was the most fun part. let me know your thoughts and anything you would like to add change in my layout.

Very nice job there bk, especially with the hand made turnouts. The rocks are great and i can imagine making your own ballast out of it would have been somewhat tedious. The trackplan, for such a small space, seems well thought out too and the addition of a roadway adds interest. Just one thing on that though, it having a US based locos and rolling stock theme, the motor car and stop markings are on the wrong side of the road. They drive on the right. Oddly though, as far as I am aware, the Engineer sits on the right in the loco and the conductor (fireman if steam) on the left. Station platforms, for the most part are only slightly raised about a foot or sometimes less and small stool steps are used to aid passengers reach the lower step on coaches. Hope to see more from you.

Back