My first loco attempt.

phatpony

This is an Atlas Dash 8-40B that I purchased undecorated off of ebay. I am modeling modern day Norfolk Southern. With the absorbtion of their share of Conrail, they aquired all of the Conrail Dash 8-40B's. There weren't many of them, and most still wear their Conrail colors with NS patches. I thought this would be an interesting model to have on my layout.

It is painted with Polly Scale Conrail blue with an airbrush. I applied the decals (I forgot one on the nose, easy fix), and made the handrails on the nose (I wish I could do that over again). The details were painted with Model Master aluminum, Testors enamel, or Polly Scale as needed. Weathering is Polly Scale dirt applied with an airbrush, and the sooty black is artist pastel chalks.

All in all, I think it looks pretty decent for my first attempt. I hope you like it, let me know what you think.

Glenn

Well now Glenn that looks to be one highly detailed loco. What scale is it? A very nice job you made of it, excellent. Thanks for sharing with us
13.gif
Willis

OOps, sorry about that, it's HO. I have a very bad habit of assuming everybody models in one scale.

Thanks for the nice words Willis.

Glenn

Ah! well you've a lot more patience than I have. I thought it might have been "O" while studying that last photo. Excellent work and a loco to be proud of, well done!

13.gif
Willis

phatpony said:
OOps, sorry about that, it's HO. I have a very bad habit of assuming everybody models in one scale.

Thanks for the nice words Willis.

Glenn

Don't worry, there's only one scale worth talking about. :p

Glenn, that is a nice locomotive.

By the way, NS did not receive ALL of Conrail's Dash-8's. CSX received a few. Nice try, though. :D;)

Matt

NICE JOB! Like others have said I can't wait to see future attempts, this is amazing!

Back