My First layout

wilson44512

Newbie RRDER
This is my first layout. And since i never done this before i hope it turns out ok. Reading from this forum has helped a lot.

kiG9T.jpg

Building the side wall to one of the tunnel portals for the side of the table

uJFwK.jpg

8i7aC.jpg

OUjlc.jpg

The hard part for me is when i paint the hills? Ran out of plaster so i will have to finish the left side later lol

5IW6G.jpg

Looking good!

When the layout is finished, will you have easy access to that turnout that is inside the tunnel? Trains have an unfortunate habit of derailing in the most difficult places.

- Jeff

Yes. the section i cut out of the center will be put back on it with something on it. not sure what yet. but it will be able to be removed if i get a derailment

Just updating on my layout. Since my last post on this thread. That section gave me some trouble and i had to rip it out. and so i used foam instead.

its looking good man, starting to come together nicely. Is that house the lancaster house by walthers??? Nice house.

Are you going to have a industry to switch at or no?? if no i hope you dont loose interest with your layout. Good to see you making progress.

I got that house at flea market. Im going to work with coal cars and box cars. Switching back and forth. Plus im running a DC and a DCC locomotive. So i can switch them to

SLQO1.jpg

Update pics.
I put one on each side so i could line it up better

6vGxx.jpg

use this to lift it if i get a derailment.
erV15.jpg

The farm is going in

hvuGj.jpg

i9dgC.jpg

wcafF.jpg

Back