My first complete layout design

Well folks, I'm sure you figure the day would never come when I was doing more then just a track plan. LOL Here are a couple progress shots of what I've been doing. You can see the bench work is done and I'm laying down the sub terrain foam work now. I have some bugs (ha some) to work out like the placement of bridges and the location of the quarry. I want that set before I start cutting the plywood for the below grade quarry.

I'm sure I could go on and drive you all crazy so I'll just post the photo and let you go back to what you are doing.

33274355975_26caa24d4a_k.jpg

33233175776_3079d931d7_k.jpg

Dave

Chet,
The most fun I had was building the bridge for the tracks over the quarry. I really enjoy building models. The layout work is great and I'm enjoying that as well. I do hopeto see a train running before end of spring. Fingers crossed.

Dave

Well, I'm getting more of the sub terrain work done as you seen in the thread about foam I've been posting. I figured I would post the update here so you can see the progress as I get things done here.

The board under the bridge will be cut and lowered for the quarry. This will run to the right side of the bridge and enlarge in area. Not so much as I want to have some roads for the quarry and the tracks for loading to the right.

See, I'm getting things done after so many years of planning. The track in the back is pinned out for my son to run trains a little. Talk about slowing you down a lot, he can put a stop to any progress. But, it's great!

Attachments

• IMG_6277.jpg
    IMG_6277.jpg
    555.1 KB · Views: 163
3 years later and I’m still working with the foam and track. My son has been running trains on half the bench work for fun and I got sidetracked with health and general life.
well, now I’m getting the train room cleaned out from a water issue we had in the basement and going to get the layout running. Some minor changes to the layout and tons of work to do. The nice thing is my son is at an age to start to help.
keep ya posted.
Dave

Back