My first air brush project

NYC_George

I tried out my air brush for the first time today. The first thing I learned is the paint must be thinner. The next time I'll make sure the mix is a 30% paint 70% thinner. So I also added some decals. I guess it will pass for my first try.
George

soo_line_weathered_box.jpg

George: That looks alot better then my first try at weathering rolling stock with my Paasche air brush. My first attempt was horrible...no where near as good as yours. So since that first try I have stuck to using the air brush on painting/weathering structures. And I still do not have it right. I tend to do things on the cheap. I use Walmart acrylic paint and a thinner recipe that I picked up on Youtube. I am still working on it. I am finding that the distance I have the air brush away from the structure I am weathering, makes a big difference. Also, I do alot of practice "misting" the air brush on plastic cups until I get the spray pattern/paint consistency where I want it before air brushing a structure. What kind of air brush equipment are you using? What brand of paint and thinner?

Thanks Prairie I bought my Paasche air brush 20 years ago and never used it until today. I bought some Testors enamel thinner. From now on I'm going to premix everything 30/70. I need to buy some empty bottles.
George

That looks pretty good to me. I've only used my air brush to apply full color coats so far. The idea of spraying on rust scares me. :)

Back