My build back better plan

NYC_George

Layout_G_01.JPG
Layout_G_02.JPG
Layout_G_03.JPG
Not to be associated with other build back plans. There's no borrowing money with this plan. Over the years I transformed my double main upper and lower deck layout to a signal track railroad. It's a long story how this came about but last month I tried to change it back. It wasn't working out so I decided maybe it's better just to scrap most of the layout and start new. The new layout will have only an upper deck. That way I will not need to have any lift outs. It also will add about 50 feet to the upper deck's double mains. Some of the lower deck will be used mostly as a test track. The town of Janesville will stay intact. There'll be a large area to display weathered car etc. Here's some photos of the new construction. I'll post the new track plan soon.

George

Last edited:
George,
I am looking at the step ladder in the first pick; am I correct in assuming that this layout is raised a little to get that eye level perspective? It is looking awesome from that level !

George,
I am looking at the step ladder in the first pick; am I correct in assuming that this layout is raised a little to get that eye level perspective? It is looking awesome from that level !
No Gary I used the ladder to hold up one end of the 2X4's when attaching them to the columns. I also have some ceiling work I need to get done so you'll see it in the photos for a while. The layout's height is 5ft and I'm 5'7' so it's eye level for myself.
George

Last edited:
If I want to get the railroad running by Christmas, I'm going to have to step up the pace on getting these bridges installed. I got one set of Atlas deck girders installed I need to buy 2 more. I think there around $10.00. There's also a highway bridge that has to be built and install at some point. All 3 bridges will span a swampy type of water area.
George

IMG_7753.JPG

All most finished with the roadway bridge that crosses the swampy area. Just need to finish painting it. I also added some stores along the route. As soon as I receive the Atlas deck girders, I ordered I'll start laying more of track 2. All the bridge apartments track and road are not finished or correctly placed. I'll do that in a few days when deck girders arrive.

George

Layout_G_23.JPG
Layout_G_24.JPG
Layout_G_25.JPG

Layout_G_22.JPG

Last edited:

Back