My Athearn C44-9W SP UP Patch Super Detail and Weathering Project

vipers

hello all! just thought id post some (lol..alot) pics of my latest project.. a patched dash 9... what a pain in the butt! :)

089.jpg

090.jpg

092.jpg

093.jpg

099.jpg

100.jpg

105.jpg

107.jpg

108.jpg

110.jpg

and i kinda forgot to continue with the picture taking process....lol...so i missed the last few steps..the buttoning up of everything, the masking, decaling, and airbrushing, and pastels...but heres the finished product

134.jpg

166.jpg

139.jpg

167.jpg

148.jpg

146.jpg

163.jpg

162.jpg

161.jpg

159.jpg

160.jpg

Nicely done! I am really enjoying applying details and blending them into factory applied paint. So challenging. :)

Vipers very well done. Can't tell the difference with it all finished.

Can you provide the part numbers that you used for the detailing.

thanks everyone!!

and here are the part numbers...

details west
DS-230 Detail Set contains the Following Parts:

Snow Plow (PL-233)

"Salem" Air Dryer Filters With Mounts & Pipes (AF-237)

Bell (BE-238)

Rear Recessed Sandfiller Housing & Hatches (SF-241)

Brake-Vent Regulator Valve (BV-245)

Handbrake Chain Pulley Beam (PB-246)

Emergency Fuel Shut-off Switch Box (EF-247)

Traction Motor Cable set (TC-239)

Additional Parts Added:

MU-236 MU Cable With Double Ended Receptacles

DL-243 Ditch Light Set With Platforms & Lenses

NB-249 "GE" Number Boards, Hi-Lo Mount

AH-175 Air Horn, P-3

FF-258 "GE" DASH 8,9 & AC4400CW Fuel Fillers & Gauges

PB-259 Piping and Bracket Details For Right Side of DASH 8,9 & AC4400CW

MU-266 MU Hose, 3 Cluster Set, All Roads

AH-267 Air Hose, Locomotive Trainline With Barcket

RW-270 GE DASH 9-44CW, AC4400CW Rear Radiator Walkway Plates, Access Hatches & Lifting Lugs

UP Configuration Small Round GPS Dome (Matric Co.) GP-320

Square Angled Edge GPS Dome, Many Roads.... GP-321

I guess I am just going to have to send over about six of mine to you. Very nicely done in deed. Thanks for sharing.

the cab pops off... its pretty easy to do...but taking the glass out is a nightmare!

zgardner18.... thats what i do actually.. i build these and sell em..and have repeat customers who send me locos and i detail, weather, and send em back.. ive done about 6 so far... getting better each time.. and i got some cool goodies for the next dash 9 i do.. i found etched radiator grilles, and the front entry door..so the next one will have an open front door and etched grilles:)

That's good to know, I might be picking up a couple of D&RGW SD50's, and I want to get them detailed and weathered.

How much would you charge for something like that?

Michael

That's good to know, I might be picking up a couple of D&RGW SD50's, and I want to get them detailed and weathered.

How much would you charge for something like that?

Michael

it really depends on how detailed you wanna go.. but usually parts and labor between $50-$150 roughly... once we discuss what you wanna get done, then ill let you know ahead of time, how much it will be:)

Back