My April photo contest project

NYC_George

It wasn't easy.

NYC_George

Reading_gp7.jpg

WOW!!!!.NICE!!!..weathering is something I am still learning so I am gonna sit this one out and learn!...Great Job!

excellent, how did you make the engine? Its a kit??

Thanks to everyone for your comments. The diesel motor is the Walthers Prime Mover EMD engine kit. A few years ago one of my NYC GP7's was having motor problems. I was unable to buy another so I bought a Reading GP7 and used my NYC shell with the new unit. I said maybe some day I'll find a use for the old NYC frame and Reading shell. I just didn't know it would be the forum's April photo contest.

NYC_George

George that's indeed a great job you did on that unit. Was it an Atlas geep? I notice the seam along the bottom of the long hood...

George that's indeed a great job you did on that unit. Was it an Atlas geep? I notice the seam along the bottom of the long hood...

Hi Ken

No it's a 8 or 9 year old Life Like GP7. I think I bought it two years ago for $28.00 to replace one of my NYC GP7's I was having trouble with.

NYC_George

NOT EASY? George, you are the master of understatement!!!

What a excellent job you did on that GP7.... thank you for posting that one.

Bob

Nice job. I know that didn't happen overnight! Very well composed too I might add. Put it on any mainline in the final days of the PRR or early PC and you might not know its model..LOL

Back