MV&P Lease Unit

The Mission Valley and Pacific Shops aquired a wrecked EMDX SD40 lease unit from a deadline in Colton. The locomotive sustained irreparable damage to the rear half, above the frame of the long hood was taken out by a Steel Load on the first flatcar in the train. This locomotive was the last in a four-unit consist. The Prime Mover is still intact, but nothing behind it was. The MV&P (MVPX-Leasing) needed a tunnel motor to handle the long tunnels that SP of yore had to. With this damaged locomotive sitting in the shops, and Tunnel motor parts, hoods, and other bits availble from UP, they set to work.

MVYPlease.png

MVYPlease7.png

MVYPlease6.png

MVYPlease2.png

MVYPlease3.png

MVYPlease4.png

MVYPlease5.png

Would it be too much to say the MVPX lease units travel across the nation?

Whaddya mean join in on the tours? Are you suggesting that I could actually LEASE this unit to other modelrailroaders who are power-short? Hmm.. What do you think?

Could be fun!, lol More complex though, maybe it'd be easier to just do it in your mind, lol.

If you have a Class I railroad that connects to your line you could lease it to them and have it haul out and haul in freight with that company.
If you really want to lease it out to other modelers I guess you could do it kind of like an interchange program?
Chris

The Only problem would be that I'd need collateral for this unit, in the case that it was lost, or stolen. I'd get too messy. and have you ever heard of a power-short Model railroader? :)

The Only problem would be that I'd need collateral for this unit, in the case that it was lost, or stolen. I'd get too messy. and have you ever heard of a power-short Model railroader? :)
More like a rolling stock short, model railroader!

Tonight. I just finished it up! Take a lOOk!! YAY! :D All that's left is Ditchlights, numberboards, sunshades, airhoses, and an MU lines. I'll also see if I can get the headlight to light up too. So here she is!

MVPXLEASE002-1.png

MVPXLEASE004.png

MVPXLEASE006.png

MVPXLEASE008.png

MVPXLEASE002-1.png

This my FIRST-ever locomotive kitbash (outside a doodlebug I build a year ago.) Enjoy!

Why yes, I am! I spent the last quarter of this project up to now specially painting, patching and decaling it to look just the way it is!

YES! I put it in before as put the long hood on! Now it rolls in style! I may have to build another lease unit! These are ALOT of fun to build, anything goes!

Sounds like fun, I have an SD40-2, Union Pacific, and I want to make it a leaser unit, but can't decide to make it NREX or for my own railroad?
Can't wait for the last pictures!
Chris

Your own lease Line gives you extreme flexibility. It could have been found on almost any railroad in the last 25 years...think about that! 8) Also it leavs room for any detail parts you WANT to add, like I added an A/C unit atop the roof, an antennae life rings on the long hood, and I plan to give it airhoses, a snowplow, and other stuff. Did I mention that I plan to install a light package, ala SP? It'll have 4 BRIGHT lights on the front, a red mars light, and a couple of lights in the rear. I also might add ditchlights, stairwell lights, and other things too. Stay tuned!

Sounds like fun, I have an SD40-2, Union Pacific, and I want to make it a leaser unit, but can't decide to make it NREX or for my own railroad?
Can't wait for the last pictures!
Chris
LTEX is more fun, then they paint portions of the unit black.

Back