MU hoses for second generation diesel locomotives.

chessie_system3

I recently purchased MU hoses for one of my locomotives. Now they are labeled pre 1980 but they are a mile too long. Anyone know a more correct size for MU hoses? Disclaimer on this I purchased the Details West MU-295 set.

Justin, most aftermarket MU sets are made longer so they can be inserted in a hole you drill, so they aren't so apt to fall off if you sneeze near them.

Well I do understand that. However all of my locomotives have the mounting plate already molded on. Even with that they are a mile too long.

Don't give up yet. Weekends aren't always high response times on the forum. A picture of the situation might help.
We're getting there Justin, gotta dig them up to take pics. This is what you need, short ones. I would add the hoses also and lay them on the plow or through the openings.
IMG_3890.jpg

Well I would say i havent or rather wasnt giving up. In all honesty i was trying to keep the thread alive. This day and time most loco.otives come with this stuff already installed. I just so happen to have a couple units that need them. Primarily my Athearn RTR locomotives. I do appreciate everyone's responses. And as i did some digging i found the answer to my problem.
3535cs-c&o.jpg

Notice how the hoses are sitting? I found that the hoses I got are really close to that once they are bent. Perhaps I should have started here?

Back