MTH Triplex 2-8-8-8-2 DECODER NEEDED !!

tanker2k6

I have an MTH Triplex that needs a new decoder. Anyone here have an idea where I can get one ?

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Warren

You might have difficulty there. MTH has gone away and the parts and service support will follow. The MTH electronics don't work with any other decoder, including the motor, LEDs and smoke unit.

Just thinking someone would have a line on something here
Unfortunately, that was MTH's business model: Them, or nothing.
I doubt you will, but you may find somebody that has one that hit the floor. Since the electronics were what usually went "pffft!" on them...

I have an MTH SD70Ace. It wouldn't stay MUd with other locos. I tried to change the decoder to an ESU but it wouldn't run the motor. I messed with it for sometime then gave up and striped out the entire drive train. Now it rolls as a dummy.

Last edited:
Ok. Thanks for that. I have seen that before but had forgotten it. Not a very common loco is it. Hto imagine that tender being able to carry enough coal and water to feed that huge machine. Who makes the model?
That was one problem the prototype railroads ran into. Also, the tractive effort of the tender decreased as the water and coal were used.

Back