MRL locomotives

Hello all I am on phase 1 of my layout laying track and surveying my ideas. I am planning on doing a combo MRL and BNSF layout, my question is this does anybody know who or if anyone makes MRL F45's and MRL SD40's. And does anybody know of any companys that are planning to develop GEVOs and ACes for N scale. thanks again

Welcome to the forum,tis a nice place to be.:D

Nobody is making F45's yet in MRL or any other scheme though Athearn has announced both F and FP45s for release next year.That I know of KATO has never done the MRL on an SD40 but Micro-Scale has decals for MRL.(or did anyway I have 3 sets).

As for the other two locos my guess would be that either Athearn or KATO will do them someday.

Be sure to post pics of your layouts progress.

I sure will right now im waiting on the switches cork and other supplys to arrive via Z train (UPS) ironically from Model train stuff. I can tell you it is going to be built in a 10x10 square bedroom room and I plan on a yard and a small hand full of industrys. I already placed a preorder for the 60's and 60M's due in November from atlas and the new image BNSF bethgons due in October from Athearn. I guess I will see if I can find so sd40s and f45's probably in the beginning of 07 for repaint to MRL then. Thanks again for your help.

dash9bossman said:
And does anybody know of any companys that are planning to develop GEVOs and ACes for N scale. thanks again

Yes. I'm pretty sure that Tower 55 will be doing N Scale stuff next year sometime. I heard it from a really reliable source. Also, if you want to find out for sure, give Tower 55 a call or Email them.

I have two of Grant's F45 shell kits and AWESOME almost describes how nice they are.:D My two will be done in my Grande Valley's burgandy and light grey scheme.:D

Back