MRC Prodigy Advanced

ianacole

I've heard that NCE and MRC are nearly the same ... true? Anyone with this system (http://www.walthers.com/exec/productinfo/500-1414 that can provide any feedback? 30% off is pretty attractive. I've been eying the NCE Powerhouse Pro system at my LHS which runs the same base price as the MRC non-sale price listed, but does not include the power supply. Any thoughts?

Thanks!

Ian

i personally cant vough for the mrc or nce. i was originally going to go with the mrc prodigy advance. but after talking to people on the forum i decide that i needed digitrax. it is fairly simple to program with and it is extremely expandible

I own an MRC and have used a NCE. both are simmiar in use and both are as easy to program and use as the other. As far as expandability the NCE will have more options and would be better investment if you plan to use computer interface. However if you want a very easy and simple home system for a good price and have most options that you will ever use. the MRC is a great start. I have been in model railroads for 20 years, (5 years with DCC) and I think the MRC is hard to beat for a first time DCC home system. the only down falls that the MRC is it is not as popular at large clubs and the MRC has their own computer interface system that does not allow you to interface with the popular JMRI software.(search JMRI)

The club I belong to uses digitrax. Digitrax scared many users away at first, but they have really improved. I would reccomend Digitrax. Although their throttle is not as ergonomic as the other brands, it provides a lot of options for people who are really into it.

Between NCE and MRC, I'd reccomend NCE as it is more durable, although NCE has more bugs than MRC.

Back