MRC Command 2000 DCC System

redwine_P

redwine_p
:DWhat would be the general concencus of this particular controller as a starter systen for the person wanting to get into DCC to try it out without having to invest a pretty good chunk of change? these particular controllers are out ther for between 50 to 100 dollars each and i cant find any real negative feedback on them . So what do you guys think???? Yah or Nah?:D

The MRC system, in my opinion is not worth the money. For same same price of an MRC system, you can get a good NCE starter set. MRC decoders are junk.

OK i get it but for 50 bucks just to get started ?:confused:

The NCE Power Cab system will run you about $150.00 for a advance DCC kit. In my opinion a better bang for the buck. $ 50.00 will not get much.

I started out in DCC with one of those MRC 2000 units....over 10 years ago.
Old technology..I run an MRC Prodigy 2, with 2 throttles...works great, but I agree with Eric, the other is probably even better, you'd be wasting the 50 bucks.

Dick

the 2000 system is obsolete and as such is dead end. i'm sure however that it is working just as described

I have one all in the original box including the MRC walk around throttle as well as all instructions. At the time15 yrs ago it was a way to go for starters. I will let it go for 50 plus shipping if interested.

still use the mrc 2000. not the greatest, just cannot change or control most of the sounds. one day i will upgrade.

I have one all in the original box including the MRC walk around throttle as well as all instructions. At the time15 yrs ago it was a way to go for starters. I will let it go for 50 plus shipping if interested.

Hi,

Do you still have the command unit and the walk around throttle with instructions for sale? Thanks Bob
My cell # 520-250-6479

I own two of Command 2000. While it worked great for its time 15 years ago? And I still use them for Christmas Tree service and children it is way obsolete. I would not recommend getting one. If you do I would think that $10-$30 would be the most that I would pay. It is not a stand alone unit. It requires an additional power supply such as the normal DC power supply.

Back