MR magazine!

garypfei

I just got a hold of a Model Railroader magazine from 1956! From June, the cover says "Bluebook; how to buy and use a motor tool". Can anyone tell me what this is worth. Atlas switches were $1.50 each back then. I also have a Pola building kit that is a hardware store called "BayWa" that seems complete. It has HO 845 on the side of the box!

They're usually given away at Model Rail shows on a take whatever you want basis. My guess is not very much if anything at all.
Willis

PS I sent my whole collection to Re-Cycling depot.

Thank you for the response! It was in a bin that I bought from a guy on craigslist who buys storage units at auctions. I got a lot of good stuff and a lot of it is rolling stock kits from Athearn. I have a few diesels that I picked up from ebay and am having trouble figuring out how they come apart... I run them when I get them and most all of them need lubrication! There was a Tyco chattanoga sold for 75 dollars and I got three for 80 from different people of course. But I am starting to enjoy this hobby. Last month I had to put my best friend to sleep. This cant replace him but it is a sort of Therapy!

Thanks Again!

I assume your best fried was your dog. My condolences. My dog insists on an inspection of the railroad from time to time.
th_P1000132.png

Perhaps it's time for a new pal.

Be careful of what you purchase. You will get into it and after a little while you'll realize your "mistakes". Tyco Chattanoogas really aren't worth much. As long as you're happy, they're worth their weight in gold though.

Yes he was a Collie! THank You! The Chattanoogas I got cheap so I enjoy them. I have been buying the older locos, cant afford the dcc stuff right now but who knows, maybe later! Scottie used to watch me play guitar, my other dogs would get up and leave the room! I guess I got better! LOL! Never thought about that! Thanks for that!

Nice dog by the way!

So very sorry to hear of your dog!
My best "buds" are never more than a few feet away at any time.
Can't locate the picture I wated to post, but here is Charlie waiting with me for some pancakes and sausage.
charlie.jpg

As far as the magazine goes my wife does this neat thing where she picks out a favorite photo and puts them in a frame. Maybe frame the cover?

I am sad to hear about your best friend as well. We have put several to sleep over the last 20 years, although they occasionally visit me in my dreams.

Here is Woody getting a little snuggle time in:

contest 002.jpg

Timmy lived to 19. She was an outdoor cat most of her life, came inside when we moved to town (2013). She had a little drainage from an old wound so we made this custom t shirt.

pets 003.jpg

Wow! Many Thanks! And sorry for your loses as well! I am glad I found this Forum! I got some new used rolling stock from ebay today. A mix of old Lionel and a few Bachmann. This is going to be fun! I am going to call one side Scottie Junction! I still need to get more switches I think I have 9 so far. My layout will be about 10 X15. I got one of those Bachmann train whistles which is kinda cool.

Again, Many Thanks,

Gary

Back