MR Forum-Goers' Roll Call

TWhite said:
Ken--sure do remember you. Looks like we're all coming over here. Whatta website! ... BTW, how did that industrial yard of yours turn out? Last pics I saw, it seemed to be coming along just fine.

Thanx for asking Tom! Actually, I'm really close to having the whole layout operating soon [minus scenery of course], I put in a marathon tracklaying effort over the summer. Got about 95% done, then had to pause when my kids' school started back up.

When things settle back down, I plan to post pics of my new layout over on the "Layouts" forum. BTW I saw yours there, it's looking good as always, but...where's Spooky?

Hi everyone. Just wanted to introduce myself. I've been a member of the MR forum for about a month or so. Never posted anything, just lurked about gathering up as much info as I could. At first I thought it was just my acct that couldn't post because of a lack of posts. Then I quickly figured out differently. I've known about this forum for about a month just never registered. Anyway...been in model railroading (HO scale) for about 10 yrs or so in an armchair position...reading lots of the mags and buying up what I thought I might want to build some time. Finally getting around to actually doing something. Because of space limitations, going to start with a paper mill module and build onto that as space and time allow me. When complete, the layout will be a fictitious sub-division of the BN. I figure doing it this way gives me enough modeler's license to remain true to industry and railroad operations rather than geographic locales. Plus, I can run the type of loco's and rolling stock I like to see.

Enough rambling. I think I will sit back for a bit and explore and see what I can find.

BTW, the model railroader forum was up and running as of 9:00 am CST today.

Bobby

Ok! Here I am. I am not exactly a refugee from the MR Mag forum, as Grande man has been working on me for a while to get over here. The latest incident on that forum just got me moving a little quicker.;)

I still have a lot of looking to do on this forum, but I am impressed with what I have seen so far.

REX

I came here as a refugee and I think I have found a new home. Not knocking anyone but this format is super. It will be nice to have more than one MRR home so when things get bland on one I can jump to another. And as one poster said us refugees got treated like old timers. Now that I have registered I plan on visiting on a daily basis. I particularly like the diversification of subject areas on this site.
Terry

bnshelbysub said:
Hi everyone. Just wanted to introduce myself. I've been a member of the MR forum for about a month or so. Never posted anything, just lurked about gathering up as much info as I could. At first I thought it was just my acct that couldn't post because of a lack of posts. Then I quickly figured out differently. I've known about this forum for about a month just never registered. Anyway...been in model railroading (HO scale) for about 10 yrs or so in an armchair position...reading lots of the mags and buying up what I thought I might want to build some time. Finally getting around to actually doing something. Because of space limitations, going to start with a paper mill module and build onto that as space and time allow me. When complete, the layout will be a fictitious sub-division of the BN. I figure doing it this way gives me enough modeler's license to remain true to industry and railroad operations rather than geographic locales. Plus, I can run the type of loco's and rolling stock I like to see.

Enough rambling. I think I will sit back for a bit and explore and see what I can find.

BTW, the model railroader forum was up and running as of 9:00 am CST today.

Bobby

Bobby,

Glad to meet you sir. Welcome on board.

scubaterry said:
I came here as a refugee and I think I have found a new home. Not knocking anyone but this format is super. It will be nice to have more than one MRR home so when things get bland on one I can jump to another. And as one poster said us refugees got treated like old timers. Now that I have registered I plan on visiting on a daily basis. I particularly like the diversification of subject areas on this site.
Terry

Terry

Hi bud glad to see you made it too!

Hey has anyone seen TZ??

CSX_road_slug said:
Thanx for asking Tom! Actually, I'm really close to having the whole layout operating soon [minus scenery of course], I put in a marathon tracklaying effort over the summer. Got about 95% done, then had to pause when my kids' school started back up.

When things settle back down, I plan to post pics of my new layout over on the "Layouts" forum. BTW I saw yours there, it's looking good as always, but...where's Spooky?

She decided it was too hot this summer (average Sacto temperature was about 102 or so), so she just laid around under the air conditioner and muttered about how she should be back in Maine. Didn't even steal a caboose! Temps gone down now, so she should be back in full, furry form pretty soon now. She sends greetings to all of her fans out there.
Tom
87718606.jpg

TWhite said:
She decided it was too hot this summer (average Sacto temperature was about 102 or so), so she just laid around under the air conditioner and muttered about how she should be back in Maine. Didn't even steal a caboose!
...poor thing! :eek:

hDuce said:
But there is no place like home. lololol

That's if dad doesn't lock everyone out of the house again for coming home late ;)

Howdy Guys,

Thanks for for the trail of breadcrumbs from Zoe & Chloe's joint while they were on quarantine :( , Ken. This is a pretty nice neighborhood over here too, and I see plenty of familiar faces... :)

Later,
-Dave

Last edited by a moderator:
DavidJ611 said:
Howdy Guys,

Thanks for for the trail of breadcrumbs from Zoe & Chloe's joint while they were on quarantine :( , Ken. This is a pretty nice neighborhood over here too, and I see plenty of familiar faces... :)
Hi Dave, I see you're burning that midnite oil again! Come on over to the Coffee Shop...

Back