MR Forum-Goers' Roll Call

I'm heeeeeer!!!!!!! :eek:

This forum layout is pretty cool....I hang at a couple other forums using vBull, and it's ok. I do miss some of the smileys from the other forums, though. :\

I hope I don't cause too much ruckus here though! :D Us refugees will try to be on our best behavoir!

Still working on my settings....I'll get them all set before too long!

Good evening, JimRCGMO (aka Jim in Cape Girardeau), from the MR Coffee Shop, here, SIR!

Tom W., I see your pic has a bridge in it - imagine that! ;)

I'll have to work on an avatar, since we can use those here.

Oh, I did get an email back from Elliott (BigBoy4005, I think it is), originator of the CS, and he said he hopes they just had the MR forums down for the weekend (in part because of it happening so close to the weekend, and possibly also to deter the trolls), and that he hopes they'll have them back up on Monday when the paid help gets back.

Blessings,

Jim in Cape Girardeau

Last edited by a moderator:
Well guys, it looks like Randy Rinker just registered. Welcome aboard Randy!

I'm guessing the DCC forum is going to be a happening place! :D

JimRCGMO said:
Good evening, JimRCGMO (aka Jim in Cape Girardeau), from the MR Coffee Shop, here, SIR!
Hi Jim, looks like you resolved that password glitch you were telling me about in the email. Welcome aboard!

Wow, looks like the gang's all here, or at least getting there. Glad you came by Jim, and of COURSE that's a bridge there, LOL!
Eric and Dave--thanks for the compliment on the photo--the camera was fine, the operator had to get his head on straight (as usual). In answer to your question, Eric, it's my newest Akane Yellowstone. I changed out the Worthington feedwater heater to an Elesco 'bundle' type, and replaced the Akane front pumps with more detailed Cal-Scale ones. Entire project took me an hour. Fifty minutes to do the changes and ten minutes to unstick my fingers from the CA.
Anyway, here's another loco on the same spot--Dark Canyon Bridge on the east side of Yuba Pass. This is a Custom Brass Rio Grande M-78 4-8-2 that I picked up a couple of months ago. Came custom painted as #1520, and it's beautifully detailed. However it took quite a bit of work to get it to run well, since for some strange reason the manufacturer decided to spring the drivers with guitar wire (!). Go figure.
Tom

113620612.jpg

At any rate, this seems like a really COOL website--think I'll hang around.

TWhite said:
113620612.jpg

At any rate, this seems like a really COOL website--think I'll hang around.
Hi Tom, do you by any chance remember me? [Hint: look in the subtitle under my username.] Glad you're starting to like this place, I certainly do.

If I remember correctly, you got yourself a new 7-megapixel camera and it was giving you fits. Guess you've tamed the beast by now?

Hi! I'm a Coffee Shop refugee. Thanks, CSX_road_slug for the intro to this new haven. Before I left, I filed the MR smilie icons. As soon as I figure out how to insert those image files ( and I've gone advanced, clicked on insert image, but it didn't behave the way I expected from the FAQ), I'll put in the smilies I'm used to. Now, if we can only find out where Zoe, Cloe and Janie went to..... :D

CSX_road_slug said:
Hi Tom, do you by any chance remember me? [Hint: look in the subtitle under my username.] Glad you're starting to like this place, I certainly do.

If I remember correctly, you got yourself a new 7-megapixel camera and it was giving you fits. Guess you've tamed the beast by now?

Ken--sure do remember you. Looks like we're all coming over here. Whatta website! I haven't even begun to explore it, and right now I feel like a kid on Christmas morning with a whole bunch of unopened orange and blue Lionel boxes, LOL! There's so much here that I'll probably get lost and NEVER find my way back. BTW, how did that industrial yard of yours turn out? Last pics I saw, it seemed to be coming along just fine.
Tom

CSX_road_slug said:

Ken,

Glad to see you here.

Glad to be here and happy to ssee whats I've seen already don't know if I'll go back or not as I'll always wonder when they'll close the door and put a lock on the coffee shop again. would like to have a kinda coffee shop in here if we could thou.

RT

Wisconsin.png

A Salute to all are service personal past, preasent, and future

rtraincollector said:
Glad to be here and happy to ssee whats I've seen already don't know if I'll go back or not as I'll always wonder when they'll close the door and put a lock on the coffee shop again. would like to have a kinda coffee shop in here if we could thou.

RT

Wisconsin.png

A Salute to all are service personal past, preasent, and future

RT,

Man am I glad to see you after I read some posts back over at the 'old place" I was worried. Glad your here man.

Thanks got some digging to do and need to get inch53 and bill north here but got a pic of bill norths first trafic ticket (LOL)

How do I get an image up by my name anyway

americanflag.png

Wisconsin.png

A salute to our service personal past, present, ans future

RT

I'm here and have finally been able to complete my registration. It's great to see so many familiar faces(?) here! I'm glad to be here with you guys (and gals)!

Hello, I made it over too!! Phew quite a journey!!

Man what a weekend, our local train show, I was invited to run my noisey BLI SD40-2's and the soundtraxx equipped Pioneer Zephyr.

My legs ache from standing all day yesterday ( Sunday over here )

Nice to see all your smiling faces!!

Ken.

rtraincollector said:
Thanks got some digging to do and need to get inch53 and bill north here but got a pic of bill norths first trafic ticket (LOL)

How do I get an image up by my name anyway

Hi RT, glad you found your way over here!

That thing you're asking about is called an 'avatar', you can set one up for yourself via the User Control Panel [User CP link, top left]. Either you can grab a ready-made one, or make up your own like I did. Any tiny GIF or JPG image [max size=100 pixels wide, 90 pixels height] can be used.

I still haven't learned everything there is to know about this place yet :eek:

[EDIT] OOPS, I see Coyote already answered your question...

Last edited by a moderator:
der5997 said:
Hi! I'm a Coffee Shop refugee. Thanks, CSX_road_slug for the intro to this new haven. Before I left, I filed the MR smilie icons. As soon as I figure out how to insert those image files ( and I've gone advanced, clicked on insert image, but it didn't behave the way I expected from the FAQ), I'll put in the smilies I'm used to. Now, if we can only find out where Zoe, Cloe and Janie went to..... :D
Hi John, good to see ya! If you haven't already, why don't you go ahead and introduce yourself to Willis [CBCNSfan], he's a fellow Nova Scotia modeler.

Hi everyone, I made it in Saturday. I'm glad to see more of the MR forum people coming in. I want to thank everyone for the welcome. I think this is agreat forum, but I also miss the coffee shop.

Stan.

Back