MOW Equipment. Has Anyone Tried These?

grande man

Bonafied Grande Nut
I'm curious to see if anyone has tried any of these Bachman products. They would seem to add some visual interest to a diesel era layout... All pics are from the Bachman website, http://www.bachmanntrains.com/home-usa/index.html. I couldn't link to the individual pages.

16947.jpg

16948.jpg

462011.jpg

16946.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
No, but I've been tempted. I'd really like to build one of those LORAM rail grinder outfits one of these days, but since that's sure to be a massive undertaking, I'll probably give up and buy some of these. :)

Hey Ryan. The models in the last pic above are in stock at my LHS. They look pretty good, but would respond to a little weathering well. His price is only $45. I'm real tempted... :D

Grande Man,
I seen them running at a show last summer, they seemed to do OK. Only thing is I couldn't find anything proto to match them up to, seems that Bachman made them up.

ak-milw said:
Grande Man,
I seen them running at a show last summer, they seemed to do OK. Only thing is I couldn't find anything proto to match them up to, seems that Bachman made them up.

The LHS owner put a small decoder in one of his. :cool:

As for Bachman making them up, I'm not to surprised. I'm still thinking they would be a nice addition, especially the highrailer truck.

I got a speeder set a while ago, did a little detailing. Took off the weird looking crew and replaced them with some sitting figures. Add a strobe light and radio antenna to the roof. Painted and weathered the rest of the set. The last car is one of mine - my little guys need someplace to go!

The speeder being pretty light, wants to travel relatively fast so it doesn't stall on poor track, joints or turnouts. Can't expect much more I guess.

Speeder.png

Railphotog said:
It's that big gray box between the crew on the speeder!
Dang what do they got in there, a KEG!? *of, um, coke...*

Nice though, I like, I sould buy some stuff like that on the cheep at my LHS and detail it, I'm sure it'd make a nice hit!

The tamper unit is close to an actual prototype, and yes requires much weathering! They do run pretty good tho, at least the ones I've seen. I picked up one of the older unpowered versions at a flee market that was made long agao by a european company, pre Bachman.
Some day I'll post some of my home "groan" powered highrails.
Rico

Back