Movie of 0n30 Badger Creek

Shamus

Well, its only a short movie :), its one of three on You Tube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mhBv_3NPqhU

Shamus

logocc.jpg

Nice Paul!

That first train looked like you were bringing the industry to the raw materials. I can't ever remember seeing that done before.

Well done Paul, I've admired those critters since I first saw them but to see them in action is something else, thank's for posting
13.gif
Willis

PS the toe tapping ain't bad either:D

Thanks fella's,
-------------------------------------------

Back in 1994 at the NMRA convention, there was a video contest run for best model railroad video. The criterion was to have a good video of your own model railroad. Okay I thought I will set about doing one of my “H0 Raton Snake Valley” To cut the story short, it took me many hours of work for just a 7 minute video, but presentation for me was the name of the game. I spliced many 30 second movies together to make this 7 minutes. Now the best part began. I had on reel to reel (Tape) some original recordings of locomotives so I set about digging out the best sound effects and making a note of them. When I was happy, I started to over dub the 7 minute video with real sounds. Now I had a video of an H0 model railroad with prototype sounds. Next I needed an opening gambit for the video and asked my Son David (Computer wiz even back then) to do one for me on the Commodore Amiga computer we had at the time. When I arrived at the convention, I went straight to the comp room and submitted the video, along with 1 colour print and 3 black & white prints also for the competition. Comes Sunday night, and prize giving. First it was the photo comp and the colour photo. I was very pleased to win it. Next the black & white photo comp gee wiz, I took all three 1st 2nd & 3rd. Then I waited for the award for best video. Oh dear, I won that as well. Not only did I win the comp with that video, but they wanted to use it and others for the 50th anniversary of the British NMRA the following year. Wow, I was over the moon. I did help in the making of that video and it then became for sale (Steam powered videos) and after a short while it was placed into the NMRA video library in the USA.:)

So there you have it, it’s now all on You Tube to watch. The quality of You Tube compression is not any where near the quality of the original video. See what you think, also the quality isn’t as good as a video camera’s nowadays but for tape it wasn’t too bad. At least you can now see what Raton Snake Valley looked like :nod:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uNpKnfPPnmo

Cheers
Shamus

Back