More video!!

N

NP2626

Here is a video of Jack Parker's Northern Pacific, Logan Montana layout. Jack passed away a few years back; but, his son Jeff who is running Central Valley Model Works is keeping the layout operating.

The two layouts that have influenced what I've done with my layout the most: are John Allen's Gorre & Daphetid, and Jack Parker's Logan Montana layout. The above video was seen by myself for the first time, yesterday (11/18/2018)! To say I am impressed, is an understatement! Previously all I had ever seen was still photos which I also felt where wonderful!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
What's interesting about this layout is it was essentially built as a showcase for Central Valley Model Works products. I don't know who owned CVMW previous to Jack Parker and maybe only Jack Parker has owned CVMW. I also know that at one time Central Valley produced wooden car kits. Now they only produce a Northern Pacific Stock Car kit and a N.P. Maintenance of Way 41 foot flat car. I have built several of the stock cars and two of CVMW's M of W flat cars. I also know that the truss bridges produced by Central Valley are very well thought of. Their advertisements show 10 different Bridge models that they produce, including two plate girder bridges.

One of the products which I find very interesting is Central Valleys Tie strips and Turnout tie sections for #5, 6, 7, 8 and 9 turnouts in left and right in both Code 70 and Code 83. These Tie strips and Turnout tie sections are the most detailed track there is (my opinion) as the show the ledger plates and spikes in realistic size. I have not tried these products as I did not know of them when I started my layout. However, give them a look-see if you need to lay track still. https://www.cvmw.com/index.htm. I would love to hear from someone who has used this method of laying track!

4:33 ... Nice whistle !! I don't think it represents the one this engine had. But It sure gets peoples' attention !! M

Back