More from the HO Scale MadCoW....

Johnny The size as well the how they look : these rocks/landscape , even it is not finished, are modelled great. How will it look like when everything is ready:eek: I think it will be super like the bridge scene!
( Please) contignue;)
Jos

Hello Jos! Going to hide(work) in the basement ALL day today. Should be more on the way soon. Thank you.

Johnny

Johnny, thats some great progress. Its really coming together and looks awesome!! Lookin forward to seein some trains running

Hi Scott. Thanks! You know, I think that's my problem. I get a scene done, fire up the digitrax, my mind wanders somewhere else and waa-laa, I'm off on another project!! I love A-D-D!!

Johnny

Thought I should post the update here for comparisons.

1) West end-just fitted together........
Layout_progress_6.png

2) West end-carved and ready for blending.......
Dachsy_progr_6.png

3) West end-First train through.........
highbrg_1.png

And the other end........

1) East end-originally supposed to be 3 more feet of RR between these......
Layout_progress_2.png

2) East end-carved ready for blending........
Able_progr_1.png

3) East end-First WB sand train..........
highbrg_8.png

And a couple 'Valley View' shots.........
highbrg_13.png

highbrg_12.png

Happy Modeling!!

Johnny

Thanks Paul. Now I just have to get the nerve to paint the backdrop:eek: Looks like I picked a heckuva week to give up drinking........:D

I almost forgot my manners and left out my second favorite lady.....
highbridge_3.png

Now it's on to the tunnel scene at LaRue!!

Happy Modeling,

Johnny

Johnny,
That is an excellent job of carving the foam. More of a talent, to be honest! Keep up the fine work. You know, it only takes one visit to these forums to get the ol' juices flowing. I have to get back at it... Dave

Johnny Still dreaming..............

BTW: are you going to "paint" the backdrop like the scene on the pictures of the bridge- scene you took outside? ( much blue sky and just a glimps of the landscape??)

Jos

Thanks Steve, David, and GatorDave Your right Dave it only takes ONE visit and man do I get inspired by what folks post here.

Johnny

Johnny - did I spy a tree growing out of a 'dead' boxcar a few photos back?;)

Yeh Buddy, It was hidden by the forrest I removed to do the additional work. I'm thinking about chanching the time to reflect mid-summer and debateing as to if I should replant the valley floor. The tree coming through the car is one of the first things people notice when viewing the scene. But that's because in most of the pics I've posted, the trees hid the box car. I think a nice PINE tree would look good growing out of it!!

Thanks Ken,

Johnny

Johnny Still dreaming..............

BTW: are you going to "paint" the backdrop like the scene on the pictures of the bridge- scene you took outside? ( much blue sky and just a glimps of the landscape??)

Jos

Hi Jos, Your questions give me ideas, Thank you. That actually sounds like a great plan for this area. I'm watching a MR produced DVD on painting that uses some good techniques.

Johnny

Back