more details on our N scale module:"Maasbrug"

grove den

naturally natural trees
Last weekend Photo Fun I showed some pictures of the "update"of one of our old modules of the bridge over the river "Maas". (real bridge is about 20 miles from me)
Yesterday I ad some trees shrubs and other details...
The module itself( actualy all our N modules) is situated in the 1970-ies during the end of the summer( August/September) Next week I will (try to)start with the other , leftpart, module.

Jos

Have a nice/happy mrr week you all! Or have a nice vacation/summerholidays!!

Jos

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks david, Fred and Josh!
There goes (almost) nothing above the real sunlight to make pictures.
I had to take that oppertunity to shoot some pictures because we had'nt real sunshine for days...=(

Jos

update module II "Maasbrug"

Thanks to the bad( for MRR: great!) weather( almost 2 days of rain...)I could start to update the second module.
First ripped off all the "greenstuff" and started to make the "roadbed" for the track more realistic: the angle was too steep: almost 60 degr.! So I chanched that into 45 degr.
f_maasbrugIItm_00e802c.jpg

The bridge head was also updated.
f_bridgeheadm_3279f73.jpg

On the other side of the module I made a new roadbed for the trucks etc so they could reach the farm too. ( added some trees too , of course:D :D :D )
f_farmIIm_0fe976d.jpg

f_farmOldm_f08ac99.jpg

I cover the roadbed and the foundations of the track against the bridgehead with a mix of sieved fine sand - some fine sawdust-whiteglue and some acrylpaint. You can modell perfect( with a spatula) slopes, roads etc with it...
Next day it is like concrete...If it is not the way you wanted: just make it wett , wait some time and you can remove it and make/modell it all over again.
Last picture: view from "above"of the module "under construction"
f_farmIIIm_8fcb2b5.jpg

next week: more( I hope)( I think) (nah..I'm shure!)

Jos

ready

Here is/are the same module(s) but one week later. The weather was great for growing plants/herbs grass and trees...
And finaly ...some trains!

f_maasbrugtotm_5c639ef.jpg

some detailshots:

f_Maasbrugmodm_8c21f04.jpg

f_maasbrugwitm_d908cf3.jpg

Jos

thanks Nick!
The quality of the pictures is not as good as I wished but we had to take the pictures just before it starts to rain!( thats why they aren't "sharp"!
Tomorrow they( 2 modules) will go/will be used on a MRR meeting in the north of our country.
Hope to take some "sunny" pictures after the show next week....with some more and other trains on it.

Jos

Love that bridge Jos! :cool: I might just have to find an area on my layout that I can excavate for a wide river, so I'll have an excuse for putting in something similar to that...

Back