More custom paint schemes

...all I can say is HOLY F***IN S**T I LOVE THIS!!!!! I think that will be about as perfect as we can get here!!! Looks 'westerny' enough for my tastes, and also looks like the kinda color that a heavy duty class 1 railroad would use, in my opinion. Littlefoot, I feel as though I owe you somethin for all your work on doing these....let me know please!!
Chris

...all I can say is HOLY F***IN S**T I LOVE THIS!!!!! I think that will be about as perfect as we can get here!!! Looks 'westerny' enough for my tastes, and also looks like the kinda color that a heavy duty class 1 railroad would use, in my opinion. Littlefoot, I feel as though I owe you somethin for all your work on doing these....let me know please!!
Chris

Glad you like the scheme and that its everything you want it to be !

Cant wait to see this painted up, its going to be pretty cool to have some of my work actually come to life :D

littlefoot, where do you get the drawings from? Ive seen a drawing of this particular NJ Transit loco, GP40PH-2B but can't find it. If you are able to find it, could you do one in Erie-Lackawanna paint but where "ERIE LACKAWANNA" is could you put "NEW JERSEY TRANSIT""?

littlefoot, where do you get the drawings from? Ive seen a drawing of this particular NJ Transit loco, GP40PH-2B but can't find it. If you are able to find it, could you do one in Erie-Lackawanna paint but where "ERIE LACKAWANNA" is could you put "NEW JERSEY TRANSIT""?

I use Trainiax for my drawings. I checked there and couldnt find a GP40PH-2B. If you can find the drawings somewheres else, ill be happy to draw something up for you. Itll be a week or two though as i have a pretty full schedule in the coming days.

littlefoot other anyone else who is able to do this. Can someone take the NS nose logo that is on the GE widecabs that has the wrap around striping with the horse in it and replace the hors with the CNJ Statue of Liberty Logo?

Great work littlefoot!!! I would love to see the SCL/LN Family Lines System applied to ANY modern locomotive. Something like a ES44DC or a SD70ACe. I may do a layout based on if the SCL/LN were still around today!!!

Hey Littlefoot could you help me make a scheme for a Fictional Shortline?

It's called the Winfree, Lynette and Foyle and you can use any color combo you want as long as it's got no red,blue or black.

Nothing added to this subject thread for a few years now....WOW.
I discovered it when I was looking for an old posting of mine on a fantasy paint scheme I had in mind for some B&O diesels

Yes, I've been out of the hobby for a few years now. The trains have been packed safely away for years and with a move coming up in the near future it's time to clean house. The hobby has been good to me and I'm sure I'll be back later in life, probably when I have kids.

I've got a few I've done also.

Attachments

• 44tonVRI2.gif
    44tonVRI2.gif
    16.5 KB · Views: 382
  • boxcabUC.gif
    boxcabUC.gif
    20.3 KB · Views: 483
  • gp9ndbBNSF.jpg
    gp9ndbBNSF.jpg
    124.5 KB · Views: 477
  • swblwATSF.jpg
    swblwATSF.jpg
    156.7 KB · Views: 501
Littlefoot, your drawings look great! What program do you use? Is it a transparent layer with the line drawing that you add your color scheme to on a layer beneath, or do you draw your outlines and flood-fill each section? Did you draw the engine yourself, or find it somewhere? If you don't want to reveal your secret, I don't blame you. hehe I just ask because it makes me want to invent color schemes of my own, and that drawing is great.

Well it looks like this thread has been dead for another couple of years...so Im resurecting it again. Littlefoot, are you still around? For some reason all the pics have dissapeared that you had done for me and others. Do you happen to have them saved anywhere? I did have 2 of the 8-40CW's, a GP60M and 2 GP38's painted up in the Western Plains scheme and they turned out pretty nicely! I will post pics of em here shortly. Im finally getting around to doing my own custom painting and would sure like to see how the SD40-2's will turn out from your drawings...I have 5 of those to do in the next couple months.

Too bad the photos on many of these older subject threads DISAPPEAR ??

It just about makes the subject thread itself worthless !!

CbarM- Thanks for knocking the dust off this thread. Unfortunately I do not know if I still have any of these drawings or not as the laptop I used to make them hasn't been used in years. Please post some photos of those locomotives that you had painted; I'd love to see them.

Beiland- I agree with you. I was excited to open this thread when I got the email notification of CbarM's post. I was 15 years old when I started this thread and made those drawings; oh how times have changed. It certainly would've been a walk through the past to see those drawings again.

Life is pretty crazy right now and I certainly don't have the free time available that 15yr old Littlefoot did, but I don't see why I couldn't pick up the fantasy schemes and custom designs again. It will almost certainly take me longer to do, but I will try to accommodate any requests that folks may have. Posting in this thread or sending an email would be the best way to reach me.

Best Wishes,
Not-so-Littlefoot

Back