More 1/87 vehicles from Hotwheels

funnelfan

Apparently Hotwheels has a new line of 1:87 cars out, contains Chevy, Honda, Ford and Dodge products so far. What I have not been able to figure out is where they are being sold. Has anyone seen these anywhere? These are newer than the more plain blue box series that was slow to move out of Walmart, and I didn't notice them during my recent Christmas shopping at either Walmart or Kmart (haven't tried Target yet). There are some usable items in this batch.

Where did you get that display of cars? I check the Mattel site all the time & those have never came up. I also check all the Walmart stores in my area all the time & have never seen any of those.

Looks like 3/4's of that batch you posted has been out already, seen the majority of them at stores before. One of the things I know is that HW is going to release the same castings out but with different colors.

Larry - The best place to find them is Toys R Us

I found some HO scale semi trucks at Toys R Us. One type with a regular box trailer, the other is a car hauler. I was able to fit 5 HO hot wheels cars on the hauler. Looks pretty cool. The 18 wheelers were $5 each.

Doug

Gotta find those, looks like theres a 69 camaro in the group!! Not to mention a superbird. I,ve never seen these, just the set with the purple passion, the VW bug, and the newer Mustang!!

Need to know where these are sold!!!!

Apparently Hotwheels has a new line of 1:87 cars out, contains Chevy, Honda, Ford and Dodge products so far. What I have not been able to figure out is where they are being sold. Has anyone seen these anywhere? These are newer than the more plain blue box series that was slow to move out of Walmart, and I didn't notice them during my recent Christmas shopping at either Walmart or Kmart (haven't tried Target yet). There are some usable items in this batch.
Toys-r-us.

So I guess I can safely ass-u-me that Wal-mart, K-mart, Shopko, and Target is NOT going to have these???
They might, but the best bet, right now, is TRU.

None of my local stores carry the Hotwheels, besides TRU. Thats not to say other stores in other areas do not carry them though. They could.

However, the 1:87 Bat Mobile IS a TRU exclusive.

D**N, i was just in tru last night and didnt even think to check. was in shopping mode. i check various walmart almost twice a week for 1/87 vehicles in general...except for the nascar hot wheels and const. equip that says 1:87 but really looks like 1:72 - they dont have any more 1:87 vehicles.

Ted, et al;

The set of Hotwheel cars posted arrived on the shelves earlier in the spring (June). They were not and will not be available through Walmart, but TRU and in the western States, Fred Meyers carries them.
Included is the following:
Honda Civic Si, 1967 Ford Mustang, 1969 Ford Mustang, Shelby Coupe (1960s), Custom 1964 Ford Galaxie, 1970 Plymouth Superbird, 1970 Dodge Challenger, 1955 Chevrolet Panel Truck, Custom Divco delivery vehicle, 1940 Ford Pickup full-mod dragster and the hotest car of the batch, the 1966 Batmobile.
DSC05332.JPG

I have more comparison photos available to post if requested.
Richard A. Olson
1-87 Vehicle & Equipment Club Founding Member

Sweet
I'll look for these too.
(add to my redline collection)
Usually they are all avail on ebay too
dang 99cents to $15 each
Batmobile bids up to 20 bucks LOL

Last edited by a moderator:
Well I checked out local Fred Meyers and Toys R Us stores, and all they had left were tons of the Honda Civics, and a few of the concept cars. All the good stuff was long gone. TRU had the cars at their $3.99 retail price, but Freddys had them on sale for $2.59. I purchased on of the plain green Civics which I plan to chop off the spoiler and make a more realistic one. Thankfully I was able to get one of the challengers off of ebay for $4 including shipping. That was the car I really wanted, and it sure is sweet looking! If the Civics ever go on sale for a buck or two, I'll buy several for the club layout, chop off the spoilers, and leave them that way. I really miss not having the Fresh Cherries line at Walmart, despite having bought dozens and dozens of them. That was the best diecast line we've ever seen for modelers, as they made the everyday cars instead of the sportscars.

I checked a TorU in my area & all they had were the same 1's that WM was selling. None of what you showed here in this topic. Weird. They were all $3.99 & the guy that was the dept. mgr. said they had plenty in their stockroom.

Back