Monthy Picture Thread - March 2021

twforeman

Certified Great Northern Nut
I'm going to start something new here. Every month I will start a new thread for people to post photos in that they would like to share.

The photos can be anything you like, a new piece of equipment, a car you just finished building or weathering, a small scene on your layout. They just have to be MRR related.

I'll start off the thread in the next post.

I'll join in with my most recent laser cut kit from Sawtooth Models.
IMG_5617.JPG
IMG_5614.JPG

IMG_5612.JPG

Scene is not yet completed.

I vote for keeping the Forum just as it in its current form. There many places to post your photographs and the Coffee Shop is just one of the many sites.

"The photos can be anything you like, a new piece of equipment, a car you just finished building or weathering, a small scene on your layout. They just have to be MRR related." -twforeman

There are Forums that deal with just about every model railroading subject that twforeman mentions in his Thread. So I don't see the need to take away from the established Forum subjects as they are today just to add one more Thread that encompasses many Threads.

Thanks.

Greg

I vote for keeping the Forum just as it in its current form. There many places to post your photographs and the Coffee Shop is just one of the many sites.

"The photos can be anything you like, a new piece of equipment, a car you just finished building or weathering, a small scene on your layout. They just have to be MRR related." -twforeman

There are Forums that deal with just about every model railroading subject that twforeman mentions in his Thread. So I don't see the need to take away from the established Forum subjects as they are today just to add one more Thread that encompasses many Threads.

Thanks.

Greg
Strongly but respectfully disagree. We had a two or three week long discussion regarding starting this thread last month. I post a lot in the Coffee Shop, but many of our fellow forum members don't visit the Coffee Shop. This thread (and future monthly ones) are meant to showcase work not normally seen elsewhere.
I vote for keeping the Forum just as it in its current form
No one changed the forum!

I'm just concerned that a new photo Thread may take away members from posting in the Coffee Shop. There is already a Thread for photos on the Forum titled Model Railroad Photo Gallery that's apparently missed by many members of the Forum.

Willie,
No one changed the forum!

I didn't mean that anyone should change the basic format of the Forum, just that adding another Thread is making a change, albeit minor, to the Forum. Posting layout and modeling photos is an effective means for members to share their modeling work and it's rare that I don't get an idea from one of the member's posts or information each time I visit the Forum. Layout photos are one way to virtually invite others to your layout.

The Coffee Shop is a place to enjoy the company of other modelers to share views and ideas. The posting of photos in the Coffee Shop is the perfect place to showcase photos including 1:1 railroading, something related to scale model railroading or just sharing what's happening in your part of the planet.

I do not want to see the use of the Coffee Shop diminished by creating another Thread that conceivably could take away from the success of the Coffee Shop.

I rest my case.

Greg

Last edited:
When I first joined this forum I started reading the coffee shop and quickly became overwhelmed with the volume of posts. Additionally there is a lot of chatter in the coffee shop posts that is not related to modeling (not that there is anything wrong with that) and a lot of banter back and forth between friends which didn't make any sense to me.

I quickly gave up on the coffee shop threads because the signal to noise ratio (for things I am interested in) was way too low.

I have never seen the Model Railroad Photo Gallery thread show up on the "What's New" page. It appears to be a photo gallery, and not a thread, so that's probably why. I've never seen anything there show up on the What's New page.

I don't see this tread diminishing the coffee shop. But it serves a different purpose. I was looking for a way to share some photos without all the coffee shop chatter.

Again, if you don't like it, add it to your ignore list.

Back