MONTHLY-Photo-Fun!-Sept '16

Rico

BN Modeller
Well another month another thread?
Maybe by October the cooler weather will have chased us all back into the layout rooms and we'll resume our weekly contributions.
So, post 'em if you got 'em!

OK, let's get some photos in here!

I have had a few minutes now and then to get a bit more scenery done on the new area. Still waiting on the lumber to arrive so I can finish the pasture fencing. I understand it is now on a truck heading East from the state of Washington... Should be here in the Finger Lakes some time next week and then I can get back at it in earnest.

First a photo of the area right after it had some earth (paint) put down on the plaster:

Milo%20Mills10w_zpslfbtyhb4.png

Then ground cover was added:

Milo%20Mills21w_zpsqdfkcena.png

Now a forest seems to have grown up beside the tracks:

Milo%20Mills26w_zpsupwikxja.png

Milo%20Mills27w_zpshf4leicj.png

Milo%20Mills28w_zpsyeyyx8pp.png

Let keep it rolling with some good stuff!!!

Ray, at first glance I Thought your second picture was the real location/inspiration for your layout. Nice work as always!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ray - Nice photos. Nice looking scenes

Here are a couple of photos of my town of Logan, an overall view.

IMAG0879.jpg IMAG0880.jpg

Ray & Chet, both of your photos look real; very nice!

I scratch built a Chimney Sweep building . . ..I added a bit of humor with the name.

Thanks for looking,
D.A.

Chimney Sweeps HO Scale 1.jpg

Chimney Sweeps HO Scale 4.jpg

Here's a couple that I took on a home layout tour a couple of years ago. I apologize that I don't remember the name of the owner, but I remember where he lived about a mile from my brother's house.
train show 001.JPGtrain show 002.JPG

Enjoy.
Willie

Really like the chimney sweep. Nicely done.

Willie - Nice photos. I had never been to a White Castle until I got out of the service and was living in Miami. Bought them by the sack. I would have liked to have put one on my layout, but they were not up here in Montana. '

Here are a few photos of a highly modified Athearn switcher. Remotored with a can motor and the shell was also highly modified and detailed.

IMAG0886.jpg IMAG0885.jpg IMAG0884.jpg

Want more photos ????

Here's a little 2 truck shay dropping off three empty log cars to the loading deck.

IMAG0872.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Here are a couple of "people" pics from an unfinished portion of the layout,
yeah, this is a problem with this software I've run into many times. For some reason even though the attachment numbers are valid and it can find them while posting the message, the people reading the message cannot see them. So instead of "seeing nothing", I end up posting the same photo over and over again.

Some great stuff here this month. I am enjoying seeing your photos and work!

I have gotten a bit more done on the old fashioned wooden fence for the pasture near Milo Mills on the layout. Just a bit of an update from earlier...

FenceArticle09w_zpscndqtrbb.png

FenceArticle11w_zpswzya7stw.png

This whole pasture is long and narrow as it makes use of the land the RR didn't take from the farm....

Chet, Thanks for posting the overview of Logan. I've seen many of your "up close" shots and have always been amazed how real they look. The over view helps me as I have finally gotten around to doing my downtown for my small layout. Yes, I'm trying to get 10 pounds of poop in a 5 pound bucket.

Back