MONTHLY Photo Fun! - August 2016

Here is an older shot before the water was poured. At least you can see the whole thing. This trestle lives two miles south of my house and is part of a bike trail.
newlayout6-17-11019.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I may have posted this before in another thread. Thought it might be appropriate here, since it would be something different. My grandfather with "his" loco, somewhere near the Argonne forest, 1918. Note the "bumpers."
bc17e0ddf3fd95b5ff4c0532a4c1a334.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Took a break from my main layout and did this photo broad. Started with a 9"x41" piece of plywood, some 1"styrofoam and a few trestles I had from a Walters kit. Added some rock molds and what ever and came up with this.

Attachments

• photo broad 1.jpg
    photo broad 1.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 213
  • photo broad 2.jpg
    photo broad 2.jpg
    215.3 KB · Views: 206
D & J,

Looks great mate ... nothing like scenery to bring the layout to life.

rclark,

As said, a nice build and the finished item looks really nice.

I really need to quit looking at everyone else's work and make one for myself.
rclark .. that is a GREAT job!

One of the guys at my AMRA club is building an 'N' scale layout, part of which represents the Kuranda Scenic Railroad, north of Cairns in northern Queensland, so he's modelling the Barron Gorge and Falls. This is the prototype

This is the tree bark being used to model the scene
DSC04780_zpsdjgpriqg.png

This is another waterfall (not sure where or whether it represents a prototype)
DSC04779_zpskdw0ddf0.png

Unfortunately he wasn't at the club when I took the pics yesterday, so I couldn't ask him where or what type of tree it came from. The colors are so close to rock, all you'd need to do is add some trees and other foliage and seal it. If you're wondering where all the water is over the Barron Falls, here is one after heavy rain in the wet season.

Wow nice work from everyone!
Toot that's going to be a great scene when it's done...

I had time this morning to colour a few rocks, I'm getting tired of looking at plywood and white scenery!

image.jpg

Rico, that took some real skill to form and color those rocks so naturally, especially the way the water's undercut them. Just right.

Back