modern reefers

midwestmodeller

I am looking for some info on the refrigerated cars I see rolling around. I've been looking for BNSF icicle reefers, TILX's, CRYO TRANS, simplots, and cold trains. I've been able to find cold trains and have heard the cryo's exist (can't find one)... There is never any trains shows here and our hobby shop isn't very big..... I guess I'm just wondering if they exist and where I could buy some. Or what kind of existing cars are similar and could easily be made to replicate one. Also is there any stickers kits available possibly? Thanks for any info

4984473372_563ef3af18.jpg

4828754726_65791e5b05.jpg

4495770160_972ddb3c3b.jpg

4495768254_eb360a78fe.jpg

4527235880_d5ee19dc6a.jpg

Just a mini hijack:

I'm not one to enjoy graffiti in everyday life, but ya have to admit some are kind of artsy. Sad thing is, I wouldn't know good art graffiti from hate graffiti. When you guys weather your cars, do any of you ever put the graft on them?

KT

well. From what I can find this is going to be hard. I would like to get quite a few of these cars and make a model "H" train. But If I'm lucky I'll end up getting 1 or 2. Does anyone have any information on duplicating car bodies with casting? I have seen it done with 1/24th cars but not railroad.

That is just too cool! I am stuck with a simple three track oval under the tree with ceramic fire stations. Due to my small apartment I just don't have the room to do anything permanent. I never thought of weathering anything, but may have to buy me some cheap used e-bay cars and give it a try.

You got some cool looking work there sir.

Kenny

Check out www.maderstrains.com which is owed by Josh Mader (he is 'trucklover' on this site). He offers like 20% off the MRSP and is also offering an additional % discount on these BMLA models. They are not cheap, but they are nice...

ps Josh, feel free to give me an additional discount on my IM ES44DCs on order with you for the referral. Hehe...:D

Back