ModelRailroad.Network: Car Cards Feedback

bigfoot13

I just added a new section to my ModelRailroad.Network website (https://modelrailroad.network/CarCards/index.html) and would appreciate any feedback. It's a work in progress so I'm sure there are bugs in it.

Current Features
  • Each card card has an ID that it will be reference by to load and save. This is printed on the card in case you need to reprint or update it.
  • Car card information is saved in the browser so you don't have to create it after you've created it once. Since it is created in the browser you will always need to use the same browser on the same device. The advantage is that you don't have to create another internet account for yet another online website. I may add the ability to save to the Internet if there is enough interest.
  • 3 x 5 in card size
  • Flexibility with results: Save the displayed image as a image file or save as a PDF.
Future plans:
  • Print multiple cards per page. Give a range of ID numbers. For example print cards 1-5,9,12-30
  • Import data from CSV/Excel
  • Way bills
  • Backup/Import data
  • Improve AAR code display

Note quite sure what you are doing with the car cards, normally the information is saved as a spreadsheet or table and then the car cards and waybills are printed from that. If you save it as a pdf it's not editable.

Not sure about the car card format, normally car cards have an extra section at the bottom that is folded up to form a pocket for a waybill. For example if you wanted a 3x5 card the actual size would be 3x7 and you would fold up the bottom 2 inches . You might want to make the size consistent with the Micro Mark size waybills so the car cards could be used with their waybills (or other similar systems/software.)

The industry databases are from the OPERATIONS Special Interest Group, not the Operators Special Interest Group.

Back