Modeling Small Sheds

B_Kosanda

There are a couple sheds I built on my layout that depict actual sheds on the Cascade Subdivision. The first shed is a small tool shed at Fields. I included a picture of the real shed for reference.

Bill

Here's the second shed I modeled. This is a wheel greaser at Wicopee. The real shed is really beat up and smashed in on one side. The small box on the ground is connected to rubber hoses which feed grease to a sort-of plunger mechanism that squeezes grease out onto the wheels on this sharp curve.

Bill

Very nice work. Ok so does that actually grease the rails (never heard of that) or is it for greasing the wheel bearings? Man I feel silly asking that one.

Flange greasers they apply a small amount of grease on wheel flanges of anything that roll's over them, it extends wheel and rail life on bends in the track, it also reduces squeeling wheels

Last edited by a moderator:
They are interesting to look at close up. It looks like it has a plunger that the wheel rides over and a bit of grease is actually squirted onto the wheel flange. I would assume that there is a grease supply and some sort of pump in that shed, but I have not seen the inside.

Bill

Back