Modeler, a self portrait

jacon12

While working on a Kato SD-40-2 the other day I had an idea for a photograph, but had no model (a people type model), so I decided to be photographer and model. I apologise in advance for the size of the image, I'm used to posting on photography websites and the image was sized for them but maybe it will load ok for the dialup users here.
I hope you like it.
56742860.modeler2.jpg

Jarrell

Nice photo Jarrell! The only thing I can think of to improve it would be to switch out the diseasal for a USRA 2-6-6-2...... :rolleyes:

Your photos are always excellent!

Thanks fellas.
Jim, I think I'm trying to put that itty bitty horn in the itty bitty hole. :)
Ray, I tried a little 0-8-0 switcher but, it being black, it just kinda blended right in too much. Couldn't really tell much about what I was doing, so I figgered a red'un would do it.
Jarrell

OldGettysk said:
Jarrell , Nice pic looks like a man who loves his work OldGettysk
Thanks OldGetty! Now if I can just figger out a way to keep those itty bitty parts from ziiiiiiiiinging out of those tweezers, I'd have it made.. :D
Jarrell

jacon12 said:
Thanks OldGetty! Now if I can just figger out a way to keep those itty bitty parts from ziiiiiiiiinging out of those tweezers, I'd have it made.. :D
Jarrell

Nice picture portrait Jarrell. I too have the problem of those pesky teeny tiny parts shooting out from the tweezers:mad:, Having to find them in the carpet is another story:(

Russell

Jarrell
A little hint here;put a rubberband like comes on an news papper on your tweezers to hold them to together this works for me,by the way I have over the years picked up all diffrent kinds & sizes of tweezers,you will do that as well I'am sure.
JIM

Thanks for the tips on the twezzers fellas. I guess those were tweezer tips!
aaarrgghhh... that was awful!...
Jarrell

Very nice photo Jarrell. With your photography skills and advancing MR skills, we should be set for a real treat in the upcoming months.
REX

RexHea said:
Very nice photo Jarrell. With your photography skills and advancing MR skills, we should be set for a real treat in the upcoming months.
REX

Rex, I've hit a dry spot in the layout. I'm about to glue down the roadbed and can't seem to get around to it.. :)
Jarrell

Come on Jarrell...take the first step and then the other foot will follow with excitement building with your every step.;) :D

jacon12 said:
Thanks OldGetty! Now if I can just figger out a way to keep those itty bitty parts from ziiiiiiiiinging out of those tweezers, I'd have it made.. :D Jarrell
This is my weapon of choice to keep the itty-bitties from escaping. You have to squeeze these tweezers to OPEN them.

Lady_Railfan said:
This is my weapon of choice to keep the itty-bitties from escaping. You have to squeeze these tweezers to OPEN them.

Thanks for the tip, Claudia . I'll keep an eye out for them!
Jarrell

Back