ModelBob: Forum Layout Request.

SpaceMouse

Fun Lover
How about putting the Navigation bar at the end of a thread as well as the top? Then when we get done reading a lenghty thread like Weekend Photo, we don't have to scroll to the top to go where we want.

I'll comment on SpaceMouse's question.

When you get to the bottom of a long thread, you can hit the 'back' button to go back to the topics list, but then the topic list indicates that you haven't read the thread you just backed out of.

If you are finished with the topics, you have to scroll all the way up to go back to the forum listings. If the navigation bar is also at the bottom, you can just click on the next place you want to go. For example, the navigation bar on this page reads:

ModelRailroadForums.com > General Discussions > General Discussions

From the navigation bar, I can go to either 'General Discussions' topics or return directly to the "ModelRailroadForums" page.

By using the navigation bar, the topics I have viewed are no longer in bold-face and I know I have read them. It is also much easier to switch to different discussion areas directly from the navigation bar.

Having the navigation bar at the bottom only makes it more convenient to go where I want to go next.

At least I think that's what SpaceMouse meant by his question!

Darrell, quiet...for now

Usually it is to the Active topics, but there are other times when I want to go to the forum, I'm currently reading or just the main to post a topic I've thought of.

I think you may have overlooked the "Forum Jump" menu at the bottom of each page. It will allow you to go just about anywhere but to the new posts/active topics, and I'll see about adding those.

Back