Model Railroader magazine Discount

If you sign up for the MR e-mail list, you'll get a few special discount offers per year on some of their products, including MR subscriptions. Most of the things in the e-mail newsletter are fluff but there is an occasional nugget of information that's worth having.

As for paper vs digital, I'm in both camps. I have the last couple of issues of MRH on my Palm so I can read it when I have the odd moment, something you can't do with a paper magazine. OTOH, there's something about really good photographs on glossy paper that's hard to beat. I think both mediums will exist side-by-side for a long time.

Remind when palm whas the wonderfull new gagdet ! i had a palm M125.
what would be really nice is if they would give you free access to the pdf version if you are a montly suscribers. in fact the governent archive/library do it, they now pdf-ize all the stuff they have so we can acces it online

Julien, that's an excellent idea. When you subscribe to the Wall Street Journal, you get both the paper and on-line editions. This has stopped the fall in subscriptions and actually gained them new customers. MR and MRC could follow the same path at very little additional expense.

I have a Palm Tx and I won't give it up until it breaks and can't be fixed any longer. I have a very basic cell phone to use for making phone calls. For things like reading PDF's and surfing the web, the screen size of Tx makes it a lot more useful.

Back