Model Railroader From Texas

irishmantx

Hello,

I'm Michael Lucas from Central Texas.. Loved model railroading when I lived in
El Paso, TX. Dad retired from Military and moved to a small town near Gatesville,TX
I used to order from Standard Hobby Supply, and had a nice little train board. But..
when they closed.. really hurt. I got an older Rivarossi Crescent Moon. Loco 4-6-2
heavy pacific.. and some rolling stock.. some passenger cars.. in storage. Couldn't
force myself to tear it down. However.. if anyone is thinking of liquidating their
locomotives or rolling stock or want to 'hide' from the wife.. Let me know if u want
to part with them. They will find a nice home to be put on display or stored. I even
have a nice Yard Goat 0-8-0.

Welcome Michael! I hope that you'll enjoy your stay here. Don't be afraid to ask questions, as we have a pretty good group.

Welcome Michael. Best of luck reviving your layout. The journey is the exciting part. Have fun with it.

Thanks So Much Carey!! I've dabbled a bit in Model Railroading, if possible, I'd
make a Model Railroad Museum for avid modelers to show and video instead of
being dismantled and thrown away. :'( :'( I prefer the classic Athern / Rivarossi
locomotives.. :) How do I learn this software? The Forum Software seems intense?

Thanks Louis!! If I had a holodeck system, I'd be 'learning' instruction of how to run a steam
and diesel locomotive.

BobB Switchman, Oh I agree! :) I just something call 'financial' and 'budgetary' allowance! :)
Just like any other railroad in realtime, money talks.. the budget committee and finance dept
says what goes or not. ;) The layout is in storage, most of the wiring was redone wire by wire,
power packs seem good.. need to clean the tracks, and check for alignment, make sure the rail
joiners are solid. Just a barebone of a layout.

Back