Model Railroader Forum Log-In

GNMT76

Is the MRM forum still suffering the ills that befell it last year or so when the company changed customer "service" vendors? It sure seems to be.

I haven't been on that or other forums since about November, 2019. When I tried logging in today (since it had automatically logged me out due to lack of use), it wouldn't let me. I got as far as entering my e-mail and PW only to be taken back to the log-in page. Several times. I even tried creating a new account with a different e-mail and PW. Several times. Same outcome.

Can anyone out there enlighten me?

Thanks.

Lots of IT changes and windows updates since the Corona Virus era began. Nothing works as it once did. Have not been in any of the Trains.Com forums in a year or so...

Lots of IT changes and windows updates since the Corona Virus era began. Nothing works as it once did. Have not been in any of the Trains.Com forums in a year or so...

Борис,

Благадарю вас за новость. Под солнцем ничего нового нет!

Между прочим, имя "Борис" пишется без твёрдого знака.

Last edited:
I've had the same problem logging in lately.

You would think a Kalmbach company as wealthy as they are would spend some money and fix there forum site. I've even on several occasions suggested they take a look at the same software this site is using now.

I think they are going to lose a lot of participates if this keeps happening. ......too bad as they have some good knowledgeable folks over there.

I finally got a reply. The answer is, I don't have a subscription to Classic Trains, so I can't access their online extras. Fine, except that wasn't the problem I described. I told them I can't log in to participate in online discussions in their forums, something I haven never had trouble doing in 14 years.

I finally got a reply. The answer is, I don't have a subscription to Classic Trains, so I can't access their online extras. Fine, except that wasn't the problem I described. I told them I can't log in to participate in online discussions in their forums, something I haven never had trouble doing in 14 years.

If they can't send a canned (that is, an irrelevant) reply just by cutting and pasting it, then whatever language the original question was written in is as understandable to them as Klingon. Most of us call it English.

How does one delete one's history if not logged in?
I did it in firefox, go to history, select site, hit 'forget about this site'
it gets rid of history, everything to do with that site, you have to log in again though..

MR's instruction is to delete your cache entirely. If FF will allow you to select what you delete, I would keep any auto-fill information, but cookies and history should be deleted. Again, that's fine, but shouldn't their instruction actually...you know....WORK??

Didn't for me. I ended up activating my Chrome browser and logging in that way. Went back to Windows Edge and still not recognized.

I did it in firefox, go to history, select site, hit 'forget about this site'
it gets rid of history, everything to do with that site, you have to log in again though..

That would be nice, but Firefox does not provide the option for deleting the history of individual sites. It's all or nothing.

That would be nice, but Firefox does not provide the option for deleting the history of individual sites. It's all or nothing.
Can't find the "forgot about this site" .....?
That's because it doesn't exist.
Yes it does. Click on "Open Menu", it's three parallel lines in the upper right hand corner (at least that's where I have it). Click next on "Library", Then click on "History". Click next on "View History Sidebar". A pop-up box of your history appears on the left side. Find the site in question and right click on it. Another pop-up box appears and the bottom choice is "Forget About This Site". Click on that. It doesn't clear from the "History" box at that time, but close the box and go back and it's gone. You may have to search for the site that you are looking for, depending on when you last visited.

ah, no ... it does provide for deleting history of a single site ... i did it with firefox ...

yep having issues with it. I can login just fine but if I do I get an error whenever I go to look at a thread. If I log out I can see the same thread that I had an error on just fine. I don't get it...I tried both Edge and Chrome and get the same results. Even my phone is doing it.

I just got in! I tried it from the Layout sub-forum page and it accepted my log-in using Win10 Edge. But I did that because I saw that the posts from earlier today on the General Discussion sub-forum had all disappeared. It showed the last post was 11 hours ago. So, on a whim I tried it from the Layouts page and got in. Then, tried to post and immediately got an 'error, we've logged it, we're probably off line..." script. So, the IT guys are working on something, but meanwhile....I'm in!

I think...

Back