Model railroad tools Caddy

wayles3

I am looking for a caddy (upside down) work caddy for my locomotives and other rolling stock. Use as a workstation to service and lube, add rubber tires, etc. Something that will hold the locomotive on a worktable.
Any ideas?

Bowser 22 Soft Foam Work Cradle Ho Scale Hh

Made by Bowser

Google HO Locomotive Servicing Cradle that will get you loads of different types, makers and prices to suit.

I use a homemade cradle. A piece of 1/4" thick plywood for the base. Two pieces
of open cell foam for sides. A piece of 1/8" thick foam to protect the and cushion
rolling stock details from the plywood. The large cutouts in the foam allows you
hold on to the loco while putting in and taking it out of the cradle. The smaller
cutouts allow for holding the loco with maximum access. Cost should
be nominal since all the materials are likely to be found around your layout.
DSC00371.JPG

DSC00372.JPG
DSC00373.JPG

by the looks of that track cleaner, it looks pretty complex for doing a basic task.
I use a few packs of Dust Monkeys under a string of weighted gondolas to clean the track prior to an op session.

by the looks of that track cleaner, it looks pretty complex for doing a basic task.
I use a few packs of Dust Monkeys under a string of weighted gondolas to clean the track prior to an op session.
Gone back to the trusty vacuum and washer system.
The proses track cleaner comes with no instructions, a really big syringe, incorrect height wheels, that can't be changed, coupling system that doesn't hold in the truck, there's a thread of mine somewhere all about it.

Until you decide what cradle to get for your future projects, you can use one of these egg cartons.

Attachments

• IMG_0001 (1).JPG
    IMG_0001 (1).JPG
    392 KB · Views: 98

Back