Model Railroad Club Operations; Do you have personal rules?

DakotaLove39

Always Improvising
This may get difficult to follow. I apologize if so. I say that because I got some weird looks at my club in regard to this topic.

For you guys who are or were in clubs, do you have your own personal rules to follow during operation?

In my case I'm a die-hard Milwaukee Road guy in a club whose layout is focused on Burlington Northern/BNSF in Minnesota. The layout goes from Minneapolis Junction to Staples, MN via the Staples Subdivision, and from Minneapolis to Duluth, MN. Predominantly Hill territory, but historically my beloved orange mess has a place there, too.

So me being the goofball I am, I had to saddle myself with extra things to consider to help put me "in the zone" when running jobs or trains on this particular layout.
#1. Milwaukee trains on carded ops jobs, Minneapolis to Duluth via Hinckley, shall be referred to #611 (to Duluth) or #610 (to Minneapolis)
#2. Milwaukee trains on ops jobs entering from staging must have a pusher helper when traveling up Shoreham Hill.
#3. Milwaukee is not allowed to switch cars for customers along the Hinckley sub (per agreement with Northern Pacific & BN).
#4. Any MILW train not on carded ops duties is to be referred to as a freight Extra.

The club that I attend had to remove the layout in summer 2019. The only rules we had was: no beer in the layout room. As for era and road names, we were pretty open with that despite modeling the RFP division in Virginia.
On my own empire only a couple rules apply, road power does not enter the classification yare except on the A/D tracks and only the local switcher spots cars at the industrial complex. Oh, and they have to obey the operating signal system. Don't run the red lights.

Back