Model Rail - Magazines

CP-FAN

Do you have any favourite model railroad magazines?

I am a Canadian Pacific - fan, and not sure if there are any dedicated to this model.

Any tips - greatly appreciated.

My favorite is the Narrow Gauge & Shortline Gazette, due to its fine modelbuilding articles and photography.

The CPSIG in Canada publishes a quarterly magazine "CP Tracks" which is all about CP of course. Glossy paper, color photos, great magazine. Think membership in the SIG is $20-24 a year. Some shops in Canada carry it too.

Here's the SIG's website: http://www.cpsig.ca/

Last edited by a moderator:
I have always been stuck on Railroad Model Craftsman. It just seems to have more ideas and projects to learn from instead of just dream pictures.

But its not dedicated to one line tho.

Model Railroad - magazines

Thanks guys - much appreciated.

I know who to come to when I need advice - every time.;)

I like Model Railroader, just because it's the 800lbs gorilla in the party and buy RMC if there is anything of interest - it tends to hang out in the "east coast" and "transition era" though, so it's not as applicable to me. I have nothing against it as a magazine however.

I also enjoy the Scale Rails I get with my NMRA membership. Currently they are running terrific layout reviews on layouts that will be on display at the next national convention.

When my father-in-law finishes with his Model Railroading News I get them - I think they've got the most unbiased and "real" product reviews going.

I like Model Railroader, just because it's the 800lbs gorilla in the party and buy RMC if there is anything of interest - it tends to hang out in the "east coast" and "transition era" though, so it's not as applicable to me. I have nothing against it as a magazine however.

I also enjoy the Scale Rails I get with my NMRA membership. Currently they are running terrific layout reviews on layouts that will be on display at the next national convention.

When my father-in-law finishes with his Model Railroading News I get them - I think they've got the most unbiased and "real" product reviews going.

Thanks Jeff,

Have heard of Model Railroader - will have to see if it can be purchased here in Scotland. Hope so!!

Back