model R.R. poll

Which model train company do you use most often?

• Total voters

Empire Builder

Great Northern fanatic
just wondering which company(s) you buy your stuff from most of the time.

P.S.You can vote for more than one choice.

Last edited by a moderator:
I didn't vote yet, I'd like some clarification. Are we talking about manufacturers or dealers, since a number of the names listed are both?

For dealers:

#1 - First Place Hobbies
#2 - Tichy Train Group
#3 - Walthers

For manufacturers:

Structures & details -

#1 - Walters
#2 - Blair Line
#3 - JL Innovative

Locomotives -

#1 - Altas
#2 - Life-Like P2K
#3 - Bachmann Spectrum

Rolling Stock -

#1 - Walthers
#2 - Accurail

Kevin

Re: I didn't vote yet

Red Oak & Western said:
I didn't vote yet, I'd like some clarification. Are we talking about manufacturers or dealers, since a number of the names listed are both?

For dealers:

#1 - First Place Hobbies
#2 - Tichy Train Group
#3 - Walthers

For manufacturers:

Structures & details -

#1 - Walters
#2 - Blair Line
#3 - JL Innovative

Locomotives -

#1 - Altas
#2 - Life-Like P2K
#3 - Bachmann Spectrum

Rolling Stock -

#1 - Walthers
#2 - Accurail

Kevin

To answer your question, we are talking about manufacturers.Hope that clarifies things. ;) :) :cool: :D

Wow, there are a bunch of them! So far I've only used LGB. I guess that puts me in the "other" category?

OlsmilinEd said:
Stewart is now owned by Bowser, so Bowser was listed, sort of.
Kinda, but Bowser makes a lot of stuff that doesn't have anything to do with Stewart. (I sell a lot of it).

I buy 90% mailorder. Very little from a local hobby shop(60 miles one way).
My 3 major places are Standard Hobbies, Toy Train Heaven & a new place I found on the net; Micro Macro Mundo in Miami, Fl.
If any of you use Faller or Pola buildings the place in Miami has the lowest prices & super fast service.

My engines are Athearn, Con-Cor, Stewart, Kato & Train-Line.

Rolling stock is very mixed.

Scenery is mine.

People is Preiser.
Most of my buildings are Walthers & Faller(detail-Detail-Detail)

Larry

What about Roco, Lima (down and out), Heljan, Piko, Trix, Heljan, Klein, Fleischmann, HAG, Bemo, Liliput, Aster and Märklin? I have surely forgotten some. These are the manufacturers I'm familiar with.

Lady_Railfan said:
Wow, there are a bunch of them! So far I've only used LGB. I guess that puts me in the "other" category?

HO scale forum, so only HO manufacturers were listed. :D

Jeff

#1 Life Like, #1a P1K #1b P2K
#2Kato
#3 Atlas
Used to be athearn at the tp, but that changed December 25th, 2001, when I got a P1K RDC-3 for christmas. Now I have 5 P1ks, 4P2ks, 6 Katos, 2 atlas, and 9 roundhouse stalls.
Matthew

I couldn't vote. Polls need an other category.

I have an 1890's layout at home and I have a Bachman, an IHC, and 2 MDC's.

I'm planning an 1917 Redwood Layout and I need to kitbash a majority of the locos, but so far I have colleceted 5 MDC kits, a Manuta kit, a Riverossi Heisler, a couple Bachmans's and an IHC.

At the club I have an Atlas, a Proto 2000 and two Broadway Limits

I use Athearn and Atlas as my primary source for locomotive..I also have Kato,Walthers and 1 Stewart. :D As far as cars 80% of my cars are Athearn,10% Atlas and the other 10% are Accurail or Walthers.

Too many to mention!

I don't model O gauge, but if I did, I'd feel left out. I guess that line was irrelevant since I just realized this was posted on the HO forum. However, there is still no Lionel and no MTH listed (not that I care to see MTH listed, mind you).

Anyway, I originally didn't vote, because in HO I happen to purchase items from numerous manufacturers, many of which weren't listed. When I did decide to vote, there were only 5 of the choices that I did not select. Those were primarily because I haven't yet purchased any of their products, at least not that I remember. As you can see when you read the rest of this message, there are many more that I use that weren't listed in the poll.

For locomotives I have Rivarossi, LL P1K and P2K (Part of Walthers), Lionel, IHC, BLI and Athearn Genesis.

For rolling stock it's mostly Athearn & MDC (both part of Horizon Hobbies), Accurail, Bachmann Spectrum, IHC and Branchline.

For structures, most of what I have are Walthers and Atlas, with a bunch of DPM stuff on the way.

For my DCC system it's MRC.

For track it's currently Model Power flex, Atlas turnouts and Kato Unitrack (not on the same layout).

For accessories it's as follows: Couplers-Kaydee and accurail, Metal wheels-LL P2K, Trucks-Kaydee, DCC Decoders-Digitrax, MRC and Soundtraxx, Switch machines-Circuitron (Tortoise).

For figures and vehicles, I don't have many of either, and the only one I remember is Classic Metal Works Semi Tractors and Trailers.

Those are the manufacturers whose products I use that I can recall off the top of my head. I am certain there are others that I can't recall, too.

Last edited by a moderator:

Back