MLE Scale Models HO & N hitches!

P.S. I was not asked, nor paid to post this, it is not influenced by anyone @ Feather River Trains, or MLE Scale Models.

They have great detail, but for a set of etchings they're a little too expensive. For the price of buying four or five sets I could probably have fifteen or twenty made...

Nate, from what I hear, they have some very small order quantities, in the low 100's if I remember right. They're VERY nice kits though. I'm sure some cheaper kits would be awesome, right now, on my Andersley 53' spine I have a Details West kit. When I add a 2nd, I'm going to try out the MLE ones.

Thanks for the comments on the etched metal hitch kits, guys!;)

As far a pricing goes, I tried to keep the cost down as much as possible.

One thing to remember that I'm not sure everyone realizes is that, once assembled, these hitches will really raise and collapse and they will lock securely in the raised position.

The time involved in getting these hitches just right so that they could do that was extensive, meticulous and sometimes nerve-wracking to say the least!:rolleyes:

HO_Raised_Collapsed_3.jpg

HO scale, assembled samples of the H-02 series kits for 48, 53 & 57' spine cars

MLEhitch1.jpg

HO scale, assembled samples of the H-01 series kits for spine cars and TOFC flats.

B_End_Closeup.jpg

Folded, assembed & painted sample of the N scale N-01 series hitch mounted on a kitbashed TTRX spine car (decals not included).

Russ
mlescalemodels@sbcglobal.net

Last edited by a moderator:
WOW! That's amazing! When was the collapsable hitch invented for TOFC service, perhaps late '60 eraly 70's or what? (I model the '50's.)

Russ, Do you sell your products to dealers? I'm working on adding new products and new manufacturers to my site this summer.

Thanks for the feedback, guys!:)

Russ, Do you sell your products to dealers? I'm working on adding new products and new manufacturers to my site this summer.

Nate, I'll email you some information through the email address listed on your website.

Thanks!

Russ

If anyone has added these to any of their rolling stock, I would love to see pictures and hear how assembly went.

Incidentally, there is now a 3rd style hitch for 57' spine cars ready and waiting for a certain HO scale manufacturer and a certain N scale manufacturer to release their RTR 57' spine cars. ;)

N-01_N-03_closeup.jpg

(New N scale hitch for 57' spine cars on left. Painted and assembled sample shown. Decals not included.)

Russ

Last edited by a moderator:

Back